4 Proximity Advisors
Jobs at:Pro-Femmes/ Twese Hamwe (PFTH)
Deadline of this Job:
04 February 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Pro-Femmes /Twese Hamwe (PFTH) is an Umbrella of Rwandan Civil Society Organizations aiming at advancement of women status, peace, and development. It was established in October 1992, and currently represents 53 member organizations within the country. The mission of Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe is to eradicate all forms of discrimination towards women, to promote their socio-economic political, and legal status, and to enhance the institutional and organizational capacities of its member organizations through the promotion of sustainable human development approach based on gender equality and a culture of peace, justice, and human rights.
To achieve its mission promoting social economic status of women, PROFEMMES TWESE HAMWE in partnership with Initiatives for Peace and Human Rights (iPeace) with the financial support from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of the Netherlands is implementing the project on “Empowering Women in Informal Cross-Border Trade in The Great Lakes Region (EWICBT)”.
The project activities are implemented in Rubavu and Rusizi borders with the aim to contribute to social economic empowerment of women in cross border trade between DRC and Rwanda. This will be achieved through improving their business environment and increasing their income and their social-economic welfare. To accomplish this, the project is built on improving the legal and policy framework for WICBT, providing access to legal aid services to WICBT, strengthening their entrepreneurial and financial capacity, and increasing WICBT’s access to Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR).
It is in this regard that PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE is looking for 4 suitable candidates to fill positions of Proximity advisors at Rubavu and Ruzizi.
The Proximity advisors will be in charge of coaching and mentoring in financial literacy and entrepreneurship to Women in Informal Cross Border Traders (WICBT) and conduct other field-related activities. These will be field staff based at each boarder where the project is implemented (in Bugarama, Rusizi I and II, and Petite Barriere in Rubavu).
Key duties and responsibilities
The proximity advisor will undertake the following key tasks:
• Ensure the overall coordination of the project activities at field level;
• Ensure program planning and implementation of project activities at field level;
• Conduct regular monitoring, evaluation, and reporting on project progress to the Project M&E and the Coordinator;
• Support women in informal cross border traders to get all necessary information on trade requirements, guidelines, working environment, and support women by linking them to financial institutions, cooperatives, and markets;
• Contribute to the project reporting and represent PFTH in different meetings and other events within the project coverage area;
• Collaborate with key partners of the project at the border and district level;
• Perform other tasks as shall be advised by the supervisors at Pro-Femmes / Twese Hamwe.
Desired competencies and qualifications for proximity advisor
• At least hold a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, business management, finance, economics, accounting, and other related fields;
• At least 3 years progressive experience in project management, specifically related to trade, business, social entrepreneurship, and cooperatives management;
• Knowledge of gender equality, women’s empowerment, business plan, and development;
• Strong experience and knowledge of civil society in Rwanda;
• Fluent in English, French and Kinyarwanda is a requirement, knowledge of Swahili is an added advantage;
• Excellent communicator orally and in writing;
• Innovative self-driven and team player;
• Interpersonal skills with experience of working in multicultural contexts;
• Computer literate;
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their applications enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, Academic documents, and other certificates. The application should be addressed to the Chairperson of Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe and delivered to PFTH offices by close of business day, Friday 4th February 2022. The Pro-Femmes head office is located in Kicukiro District, Gahanga Sector next to Gahanga Sector’s office. N.B: The subject of the cover letter should be mentioned “Application for the position of LEGAL OFFICER” Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test. Female candidates fulfilling the requirements are encouraged to apply Kigali, 26th January 2022. Emma Marie BUGINGO Executive Director Pro-Femmes / Twese Hamwe
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.