Jobs at:Haguruka NGO
Deadline of this Job:
15 June 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
Reports to: Accountant
Responsible for: Direct Supervisor.
Job Purpose: To perform routine basic accounting processes in accordance with the set Standards accounting procedures. .
Key tasks & Responsibilities:
• Ensuring proper custody of accounting records and documents (Proformas, Contract, Invoice, delivery note, good received notes ……) and record them in the register;
• Regularly updating books of accounts including the cashbook and the ledger using accounting software (QuickBooks) using the correct budget line and generate reports (Excel);
• Prepare monthly reconciliation statements in both QuickBooks and Excel;
• Ensure proper filing and management of the record and books of accounts that were used in the expenditure and bank reconciliation and respect all accounts procedures;
• Assisting in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports;
• Participating in departmental planning and budgeting;
• Knowledge of using EBM (Electronic Billing Machine), preparation of payroll and payment of taxes in accordance with Laws;
• Maintain new assets of the company in Assets Register and verify that all assets are tagged as well as in good condition;
• Month ending physical stock counts;
• Prepare asset and liability entries by compiling and analyzing account information;
• Capability to establish and maintain an organization’s budget execution reports;
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time, in line with the post.
• Confidentiality and Ethical behavior
• Knowledge of computer packages (including Excel, Access, PowerPoint and QuickBooks)
• Teamwork Interpersonal relations
• Time consciousness
• Analytical thinking
• Excellent written
• Oral communication skills
• Training ability
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Strong organizational and research skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance with one-year’ Experience working with a recognized institutional, or
• Diploma in Business studies plus at least three years of relevant work experience in Finance or
• Professional qualification Certificate such as ACCA, CPA plus at least three years’ work experience in Accounting/Finance in an NGO environment.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma
Job Experience Requirements: 1/3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
CV resume and application letter should be sent to Haguruka Executive Secretary at Haguruka’s offices located at Kimironko, KG11, AV 95 PO BOX 3030 Kigali-Rwanda or Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.