Jobs at:AB Bank Rwanda Plc
Deadline of this Job:
23rd October 2019
Date Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AB Bank Rwanda (ABR)’s vision is committed to the development of the Rwandan financial sector by rendering accessible services to the people and their communities, with excellent quality standards and the Mission is a socially responsible bank and the bank of choice for micro and small enterprises. It strives to be the leading provider of financial services in this market segment in Rwanda. Business loans, which are primarily based on the assessment of the borrower’s repayment capacity. ABR builds-up long-term business relationships with customers based on responsibility and mutual respect. In doing so, it promotes a savings culture and supports borrowers to build-up a sound credit history.
The Bank wishes to encourage all qualified, capable and interested candidates to apply for a vacant position here below
Reporting to: Chief Finance Officer .
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Develop, implement, modify and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of appropriate computer technology.
• Review accounting entries are done by the junior accountant to ensure its completeness and accuracy
• Recording all payment transactions, depreciation, Provisions, and other adjustments.
• Maintaining prepayment schedules and ensure their reconciliation with accounts.
• Reconciling fixed assets register and accounts, monthly depreciation.
• Prepare, examine and analyze financial statements of the bank and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformity to reporting standards
• Ensure the accuracy, compliance of tax payments and booking tax transactions.
• Monthly preparation of VAT, WHT in sometimes PAYE and Reconciliation of tax accounts
• Working with external auditors to perform their audit assignment.
• Production of Management accounts
• Prepare IFRS reporting Package.
• Controlling all suspense accounts on a weekly basis to ensure no suspected amount in these accounts
• Ensure that accounting job is running according to accounting standards and all reports in respect of reporting standards.
• To make sure that all required reports are produced on time without delay.
• Where necessary, provide recommendations to the Deputy Head of Finance and CFO on the way of improvement of accounting of the bank.
• Other tasks that may be assigned by management/supervisor from time to time.
• Required to comply with the Bank’s Code of Conduct, to treat clients and colleagues according to the code, and inform his/her superiors about any violation of the code.
Desired Skills and qualifications:
• Accounting skills, understanding of IAS and IFRS
• Good organizational skills
• Good reporting skills
• Have excellent MS Office skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Ability to organize work independently in an effective manner
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy confidentiality concerning financial
• Knowledge of computer applications and basic financial accounting
• Good knowledge of English
Academic Qualification and required experience:
• Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or any other related field.
• A minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience in the area of finance or accounting
• Following accounting professional course (CPA, ACCA)
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send ONLY:
Letter of Interest
Copy of academic qualifications
To email@example.com not later than 23rd October 2019
[NOTE: Please state the POSITION in the subject of the email.]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.