Jobs at:Good Neighbors International-Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
25 July 2020
Date Posted: Monday, July 13, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Good Neighbors International (GNI) is an international humanitarian and developmental organization in General Consultative Status with UN ECOSOCO operating in 40 countries around the world. GNI in Rwanda has endeavored to improve child sponsorship and protection, health, education, WASH, agriculture & livelihood, humanitarian assistance, advocacy, and social economy in 4 districts (Gasabo, Kamonyi, Gisagara, and Nyamagabe) since 1994. In order to complete its staff, Good Neighbors International would like to recruit one Accountant to be based at Head Office (Kigali). Position: Accountant To be based at Kigali .
• Project Management payment approval request preparation of the CDPs in charge
• To manage budget execution regularly and report the superiors
• To manage bank accounts for project sites, check and record financial transactions.
• To assist monthly project budget analysis and financial reports (cash journal).
• To maintain financial security by following internal controls with confidentiality
• To execute a budget in a transparent way
• To do filing regularly according to monthly activities
• To prepare monthly vouchers
• Monthly QuickBooks data transaction recording(CDP) in charge
• Keeping the safety of office equipment and office materials.
• Shall not disclose or divulge during or after his/her service any confidential information obtained through his/her work.
• Bank activities payment.
• Monitoring of Monthly budget execution status
• Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements
• Any other duties assigned by his/her superiors
Job Skills: Not Specified
Skills, Experience, and Knowledge
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting;
• Minimum of 3- 5 years working experience in the field of Finance/Accounts, in a recognized institution, preferably with NGOs;
• Must able to use QuickBooks and MS Excel & Word
• Experience of working with multiple partners, financed by external donors
• Proven experience of operating computerized accounting systems and coding systems.
• Manages resources and deadlines with minimum supervision
• Proven, extensive experience in financial statement preparation and reporting
• High level of numeracy, accuracy and analytical skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse organization
• Excellent spoken and written English, Working knowledge of Kinyarwanda
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3-5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
The interested candidates must submit directly their application letter addressed to Country Director of Good Neighbors International; recent and detailed curriculum vitae written in English; relevant certificates; Diploma required; a photocopy of the National Identity Card at Good Neighbors International, Head Office (Kigali); located at Kimihurura, opposite to Lemigo Hotel (FAIRVIEW building_3rd floor, right wing) by July 25th, 2020 before 5 pm.
The C.V. must be written within 2 pages in English otherwise the application will be disqualified. The Relevant experience will only be considered if the certificate is presented at submission.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.