Deadline of this Job:
13th December 2019
Date Posted: Monday, December 09, 2019, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Why Choose IntraHealth
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
The Ingobyi Activity is a five-year cooperative agreement to improve the quality of reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing neonatal, child and maternal mortality in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity builds upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made in the health sector as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector to provide a healthier, more productive future for all Rwandans. Ingobyi improves the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services with resilience and sustainability. The Activity partners with the Government of Rwanda (GOR) to build on the country’s considerable achievements, guided by national health strategies, goals, objectives and data.
Summary of Role
IntraHealth is seeking one (1) Accountant for the USAID Ingobyi Activity in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity is supporting the Rwandan Ministry of Health (MOH) to contribute to the reduction of infant and maternal mortality and incidence of malaria in Rwanda, focusing on improving the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services and improving the health of women, adolescents, and children under five. The Accountant will support general accounting functions through management of the General Ledger records, processing of payments, processing and posting month-end adjusting journals, compilation of periodic project expenditure reports. The position will report to the Finance Manager. .
• Review and process staff/activity advance request forms in a timely basis.
• Follow up with staff for timely liquidation of advances ensuring that expense reports from travelers are received within timelines stipulated in the travel policy.
• Check for accuracy, completeness, reasonableness, adequacy of supporting documents accompanying travel expense forms, ensuring compliance with donor and organizations’ policies and procedures.
• Ensure all amounts paid to the organization in liquidation of travel advances are receipted and banked promptly.
• Generate journal vouchers for all approved travel reimbursement forms (TRFs), regional floats and other forms of accountabilities and ensure that once reviewed and approved, they are accurately posted into the accounting system in a timely manner.
• Prepare a receivables aging analysis on a monthly basis ensuring documented follow-up of outstanding receivables.
• Reconcile the monthly balance sheet accounts for the Ingobyi Activity;
• Ensure any variances between HQ records and Field Office reports are discussed with Supervisor, communicated to the HQ focal person and resolved in a timely manner.
• Compile monthly detailed Budget-Variance-Analysis reports for the project for distribution to the Finance Manager by the stipulated timeline.
• Assist in the preparation of quarterly expenditure reports for submission to the Finance Manager.
• Process vendor payments and posting to the General Ledger.
• Reconcile vendor payments on a monthly basis and resolve any matters arising on a timely basis.
• Process deductions and submission of all statutory payments on a timely basis.
Duty and Tax Exemption management
• Manage duty, VAT and other taxes as per donor and local requirements
• Maintain all tax records for the project
• Ensure the VAT refund claim is submitted on regular basis.
Petty cash Management
• Oversee the management of the petty cash system ensuring that the policies and procedures are adhered to;
• Ensure the petty cash ledger is timely updated will all approved transactions.
• Ensure proper filing of all financial records.
• Provide any other required financial backstopping roles to the IntraHealth Rwanda office as needed.
• Jointly, with the immediate supervisor, participate in own annual performance appraisal, identify own learning needs and personal career growth.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• At least 4 years of experience in a busy accounting department
• CPA or related professional course is an added advantage
• Experience in USAID rules & regulations
• Experience in the donor-funded organization is preferred
• Well-developed interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in QuickBooks
• The high command of Microsoft Excel
• Proven experience in Electronic payment platforms such as Online banking and Mobile Money
• High integrity, honesty, initiative, and team-player
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Good oral and written communication skills in English
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Ability to work under pressure
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 4 years
Job application procedure
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Only applicants fulfilling the above requirements will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us within two weeks from the submission deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply before December 13, 2019 and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @:
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.