Jobs at:MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS AND INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION
Deadline of this Job:
3rd May 2019
Date Posted: 29th April 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS AND INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION. .
• Receive purchase orders and requests for payments in local mode (through BNR);
• Process payment in smart IFMIS through local mode (indirect payments);
• Ensure approval of payment and submission to BNR;
• Ensure timely payments are made by BNR ;
• Strengthen and maintain network with BNR and MINECOFIN focal persons for effective service delivery.
• Ensure suppliers’ complaints are addressed timely
• Put in place a proper filling system;
• Ensure regular filling of accounting documents for indirect payments;
• Facilitate internal and external audits.
• Prepare bank accounts reconciliation;
• Analyze financial statements for consistency;
• Correct errors found in financial statements;
• Consolidate the accounting information and fill in the reporting format provided by MINECOFIN;
• Follow up the approval of the financial statement report and submit to MINECOFIN in due time.
• Identify the Ministry’ service providers whose VAT and withholding taxes are to be declared and paid;
• Fill in the RRA format for both VAT and withholding taxes;
• Process online declaration of VAT and withholding taxes though RRA website and print acknowledgement receipts;
• File VAT and withholding taxes declarations.
• Implement all audit recommendations for a clean Audit.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
• Experience of working in current public finance software in use;
• Knowledge of cost analysis techniques;
• Knowledge of using SMART FMIS;
• Comprehensive knowledge of the planning tools;
• Planning and organizational skills;
• Communication skills;
• Strong IT skills, particularly in financial software(SMART IFMIS);
• Judgment & Decision making skills;
• Knowledge to analyze complex financial information & Produce reports;
• Deep understanding of financial accounts;
• High analytical skills;
• Interpersonal skills;
• Time management skills;
• Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French. Knowledge of all is an advantage.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, and Management with specialization in Finance/Accounting or Accounting professional qualification recognized by IFAC (ACCA, CPA).
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified