Jobs at:World Relief Rwanda (WRR)
Deadline of this Job:
11 February 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, February 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To facilitate the implementation of its activities in Kirehe, Nyamagabe, Rutsiro, Karongi, and Burera Districts, World Relief Rwanda wishes to recruit a qualified and well experienced candidate to fill the position of Accountant. The job description and other requirements for this position are as follows:
The proposed AISPR (Acceleration of Integrated Social Protection interventions in Rwanda) program will increase technical and institutional capacities to timely deliver the integrated services meant to equip the vulnerable populations to reduce poverty and malnutrition but also enhance community resilience to respond to climatic shocks.
The overall aim of the Joint Program is to support and accelerate the Government of Rwanda’s efforts for integrated social protection to end poverty in all its forms, leaving no one behind. In order to reach this aim, the joint program implements innovative solutions amongst other activities at policy, system and community level to accelerate eradication of extreme poverty in Rwanda.
This project will be implemented in five districts and five sectors of Kirehe, Nyamagabe, Rutsiro, Karongi and Burera.
The AISPR project accountant will be responsible for all accounting and finance roles of the project, but most importantly the seed funding exercise which is a core component of the project involving cash transfer to vulnerable communities in five districts mentioned above. Additionally he/she will fulfill the Mission Statement of World Relief (WR) and its partners, provide treasury and accounting support to AISPR Project and support other finance tasks of WRR as instructed by superviso .
• Ensure professionally, efficient, and effective seed funding exercise through direct cash transfer to vulnerable communities.
• Coordinate with local communities especially the Community Consultative Committees in five districts of intervention who will identify beneficiaries and manage the seed funding exercise at village level.
• Work closely with the Social Protection Officer at districts in the management of the seed funding exercise.
• Verify and ensure all financial supporting documents and all submitted payment requests are in compliance with donor regulations and WRR financial procedures
• Receive, verify and process all payment requests for grants in compliance with donor regulations and WRR financial procedures.
• Receive and verify the project expense reports and ensure that all financial supporting documents are in compliance with donor regulations and WRR financial procedures.
• Participate in financial spot checks and training of Partners and beneficiaries.
• Prepare AISPR project quarterly request of funds appropriately and in a timely manner.
• Prepare all financial reports for AISPR project and submit them to the AISPR Project Manager and Finance Manager on for verification and approval.
• Monitor the budget consumption and then alert the Project Manager if there is over or under budget spending according to planned activities.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or an equivalent related degree.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
• Initiative, excellent organization ability, with attention to details.
• Excellent interpersonal skills for team work in a multi-racial environment.
• Self-directing, reliable and responsible.
• Flexible and motivated team player.
• Strategic thinker, patient and self-controlled.
• Knowledgeable of UN rules and regulations.
• Excellent skills in MS Office is required.
• Excellent written and spoken Kinyarwanda.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
: At least two years of working experience with INGO (especially UN funded INGOs)
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
please submit a motivation letter, copy of your notified degree, comprehensive curriculum vitae with 2 names of referees, and a church recommendation from your Pastor or Priest by February 11, 2021 to World Relief Rwanda Office, plot 53, KG 647 St, Kacyiru, Kigali, or send them all by email in one PDF document and do not exceed 2 MB on WRRwanda@wr.org
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be notified for test or interview.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.