Jobs at:Ampersand Rwanda Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
19 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ampersand has grown from a tiny, bootstrapped R&D garage project in 2018 into East Africa's leading electric vehicle operation, with a team of over 120 staff drawn from diverse backgrounds and we plan to see all 5 million taxi motorbikes in East Africa electric by 2030. We are rapidly scaling our operations, and we are looking for innovative professionals who are passionate about clean energy and environmental impact to lead and contribute to our rapid growth.
About the role
The Junior Accountant will be responsible to support the company’s financial records and processes, and be responsible for bookkeeping and tax compliance in Rwanda. As a young and fast-moving company, we need someone who is both comfortable meeting challenges head on today and creating new systems and processes for the future, building up the AmperFam to be the best team on the planet.
This role will report directly to the Chief Accountant, your objectives will include the following:
• Ensuring accurate calculation, submission, and payment of all statutory deductions in a timely manner and as per the relevant legislation.
• Assist in financial controls (including end of day, end of month procedures) that are aimed to ensure integrity of financial data capture and aid in the process for regular reconciliations.
• Preparing monthly management accounts and reviewing support schedules.
• Monitoring and analyzing financial reports and records to identify any trend and act accordingly
• Managing day to day financial transactions and issues
• To supervise the reconciliation of both the bank accounts and the balance sheet accounts
• Support external audits as required
• Perform ad hoc projects or tasks as requested by Chief Accountant, or CFO.
• A strong work ethic, and the ability to manage shifting priorities and unforeseen challenges.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field
• CPA/ACA or equivalent highly desirable; will consider candidates at Intermediate level of CPA/ACCA qualification
• Minimum of 3 years in financial accounting roles with demonstrable increasing responsibility
• Knowledge and competence in accounting principles (e.g., IFRS)
• Outstanding analytical and time management skills
• Knowledge of local financial and tax regulations, and accounting processes
• Proficient in MS Excel, and good MS Office skills in general (e.g., Word and Powerpoint)
• Strong communication skills, verbally and in writing ; Professional fluency in Kinyarwanda and English
• Sound interpersonal skills; ability to relate with team members at all levels of the company
• Experience with Xero and Dear Inventory a plus, but not required
• Must be a Rwanda National or have authorization to work in Rwanda
• Ladies are encouraged to apply
Ampersand is a good fit if:
• You are ready to support people in a high growth company
• You have a meticulous attention to detail
• You are self-motivated and a quick learner
• You are motivated by seeing your teammates grow and develop
• You are looking for an entrepreneurial company that values innovation and strong execution
• You value diversity and community in the workplace
A competitive compensation package commensurate with experience including health insurance
This role will be based in Kigali, Rwanda
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.