Jobs at:Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA)
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duty Station: Kigali, Rwanda
Length Of Contract :Open Ended
Start Date:15th February 2022
Announcement Date:19th January 2022
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is an international NGO, founded in Norway as the labour movement’s humanitarian solidarity organisation. NPA’s goal is centered on human worth and equal rights for all, and strives globally to promote the values of solidarity, unity, equality, human rights, and democracy.
Norwegian People’s Aid in Rwanda supports civil society organisations and citizens to participate in and impact the formulation and implementation of national and local policymaking, planning, and governance. While strengthening their own internal management systems including financial, monitoring systems and their advocacy and research capacities, NPA civil society partners support citizens to raise and express their opinions and interests with decision makers, to seek accountability, and to advocate that local government planning and decision making is influenced by those citizen concerns. The same partners also support citizens access to justice and reporting of corruption. Civil society partners work at national level too to use research, media engagement, and advocacy to influence debates and generate dialogue between citizens, CSOs, and decision makers.
NPA is currently seeking an Accountant. The Accountant will be working with Finance and administration units. The Accountant will work with finance and programme team to ensure compliance to NPA policies and procedures as well as donor finance procedures, regulations, and guidelines. The Accountant will do periodic Finance activities, Bank Reconciliation, Payroll preparation, and Bookkeeping and submit to Finance Manager for final review.
Job Description for Accountant
Summary of the Position:
• Prepare Vouchers for payments, including obtaining necessary authorization with adequate details and supporting documents.
• Responsibility for making sure that monthly financial updates are provided to FM
• Prepare and arrange for bank withdrawals and payments whenever needed, and present for approval to FM
• Adhere to budgetary control measures and ensure proper control of budget lines.
• Prepare the Weekly transaction posting data into Agresso management system in a timely manner.
• Assist the finance department in processing payments in accordance with NPA policies and procedures (specifically all payments that require Transfers and /or cheques such as travel advances, advances for urgent payments etc…).
• Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations, payroll, and ensuring NPA continues to be in compliance with local taxation requirements.
• Participate in the monthly cash flow preparation.
• Facilitate weekly Cash counts every Friday and monthly Cash counts on the last day of each month.
• Assist the finance department in the balance accounts clean up and reconciliation on a monthly basis.
• Maintain proper filing and record-keeping system within the accounts department, enabling efficient tracking of information at any time.
• Work closely with FM to compile and Submit Annual Corporate Income Tax Reports to RRA.
• Support NPA programme audits and provide required information for successful completion
• Participate in donors reporting and Partners Audit related work as required;
• Assist Administration unit in the management of Petty cash. Under this role.
• Any other duties assigned by Finance Manager.
This is a summary of the position. More details are available in the full job description
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting/Finance
• At least 3 years’ experience and demonstrated success working in finance at similar positions in an international NGO or similar
• Previous experience in financial monitoring and compliance
• Experience in financial management and reporting.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Strong financial skills, with the ability to inspire and build competence of staf
• Excellent interpersonal skills as a team player
• Advanced presentation, facilitation and communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• High-level English language proficiency, both written and oral.
• Good IT skills and previous experience with accounting software, preferably Agresso or similar.
• Adequate computer skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested persons should submit an application letter detailing why they are interested in the position and an updated CV including contact telephone number, education qualifications, and contact details of three professional references to:
The Country Director
Norwegian Peoples Aid (NPA) Rwanda
Tel: +250 252 580530
By email to email@example.com or to P.O. Box 2966, Rwanda Kigali
NB: We regret to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.