Jobs at:GIZ Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
05 March 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accounting Professional for Promotion of Economy and Employment Program
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion and Energy and ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
The Promotion of Economy and Employment (Eco-Emploi) Programme will be implemented in the period of January 2020 until December 2022. It aims at employment-intensive growth in the selected value chain(s) namely timber industry, tourism, and film industry. It focuses on increasing the market orientation and competitiveness of MSMEs and improving the interaction of different value creation stages in the above-specified Value chain(s). .
• Check vouchers and receipts of local subsidies, financial agreement contracts submitted by the partners to ensure the use of the fund in accordance with GIZ Regulations.
• Check consultants’ invoices in accordance with a payment schedule
• Request and follows the approval of materially correctness
• Monitors receivables account and settle on the due date and if necessary, prepares reminder letters to partners for any delay in submitting justifications
• Fills in local subsidies and consultants’ contracts requests form and submit all required documents to Country Office
• Support country office in the assessment commercial suitability of partner organizations to benefit the funds of GIZ
• In collaboration with Country, the office ensures the training of partner organization on local subsidies procedures and guidelines
• Advises the program manager on the local subsidies and financial agreements matters.
• In accordance with GIZ rules, file contracts elaborated on the project/program level.
General services for GIZ-assisted projects/programmes • Assist in monthly and annual budgets and monitors deviations
• Assist in quarterly/annually analyses of expenditure compared to the total project budget (budget monitoring)
• Follow the implantation of audit/internal control recommendations and report without delay any all problems with financial administration and compliance without delay
Other duties/additional tasks • During the absence of team member takes over Cash/bank book tasks
• Treat information confidentially
• Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting and auditing or similar area
• At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position within the frame of international technical cooperation
• Other knowledge, additional competences
• In-depth knowledge of accounting software
• Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
• Confidential handling of data and information
• Very good knowledge of the European language widely used in the country, ideally a knowledge of German
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates, and references) until 5th March 2020 at 4:00 PM, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.