Accounts Payable Officer
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information. .
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Account Payable Officer will process payments in 2 of the countries we operate from and act as a link in our Mobile and banking platforms. We are looking for an enthusiastic person to support Finance team and want to produce a positive impact on the life of farmers by processing payments.
• Manage the link between SAP and our mobile money and bank accounts. Ensure payment documentation is delivered to banks to support transfers.
• Verify payment details, follow up on rejected transfers, and resolve issues with banking platforms.
• Provide proof of payment for accomplished payments
• Maintain cash balances on designated country accounts and prepare cash transfers among accounts.
• Communicate bank balances by sending statements to relevant teams as requested and help complete the cash forecast for required countries.
• Work with compliance and accounting teams to strengthen data flow accuracy.
• Promote cross-country standardization of payment procedures to improve the payments process and achieve even better service to country counterparts.
• Any other responsibilities as assigned by your manager.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
• A university degree in Finance, Accounting, or other related fields
• Two years of professional work experience in Finance or a related area.
• Experience working with an ERP System (SAP experience preferable)
• Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda. French or Swahili.
• High quality work.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://boards.greenhouse.io/oneacrefundrwanda/jobs/2460355?gh_src=f3fcc62f1us
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.