Administrative and Finance Professional
Deutsche Gesellschaft ftir Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Deadline of this Job:
12th February 2019
Date Posted: 29th January 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: RwF
Vacancy for Administrative and Finance Professional for the project Economic inclusion of Refugees and Host Communities
The Deutsche Gesellschaft ftir Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion, Energy and ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
The project "Economic Inclusion of Refugees and Host Communities” will advise Rwandan institutions and partners in the enhancement the economic inclusion of refugees and inhabitants of selected neighboring communities.
The project aims to improve the economic inclusion of refugees and host communities through a combination of measures to enhance the framework conditions at national and local levels, the promotion of the local economy and start-ups of MSMEs (Micro, Small and Medium Entreprises), the expansion of entrepreneurial activities and professional upgrading.
The focus of the project is working in the ﬁelds of enhancing framework conditions at national and local level, supporting business start-ups and expansions especially in the refugee camps and the surrounding areas, supporting professional upgrading for young refugees and young men and women from the neighbouring communities, and providing psychosocial support for the target groups.
Institutions and partners will be supported through intensive capacity building, organizational development, and expert advice.
The regional focuses of the project are the Mahama, Mugombwa, and Kigeme refugee camps and the neighbouring communities, as well as the urban refugee communities in Huye and Kigali.
The project is part of the special initiative ‘Tackling the root causes of displacement-reintegrating refugees‘ that is supported by the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development of the Federal Republic of Germany.
GIZ Rwanda is searching candidate for the position of Administrative and Finance Professional for the project Economic Inclusion of Refugees and Host Communities. The position will be based in the Kigali project ofﬁce.
The Administrative and Finance Professional is responsible for:
• Providing administrative and ﬁnancial services to the project
• Meeting the administrative needs of the ofﬁce independently, with a minimum of intervention
• Managing the support and administrative staff at the project ofﬁce
• Ensuring that financial and administrative regulations are complied with
• Making sure administrative processes in the program meet the requirements according to O&R.
• Ensuring that ofﬁce procedures comply with GIZ ﬁnancial and administrative regulations and speciﬁc procedures of the Special Initiative.
• Ensuring documentation of administrative and financial procedures
The administrative and Finance Professional performs the following tasks:
Finance and Administration
• Assisting in preparation of the project budget planning
• Monitoring expenses in accordance with the budget and by project output
• Managing and monitoring of the monthly accounting and ﬁnancial plans
• Responsible for ﬁnancial management, such as cash withdrawals, keeping the cashbook, bank accounts, preparing and entering vouchers
• Monitoring cash ﬂow of the project
• Managing the processing of letters of credit in coordination with the GIZ Country Ofﬁce
• Preparing vouchers to the best possible extent for booking in the country ofﬁce and give swift response to error sheets and checklists prepared by the country ofﬁce.
• Collecting and preparing vouchers that eligible for reimbursement by the client
• Ensuring that GIZ ﬁnancial and administrative regulations for local and international contracts are complied with
• Submitting the end-of-period closures of the cash book and bank book to the GIZ country ofﬁce after reconciling it with the balances of the cash box and the bank book. Describes any difference in details and adds supporting documents where possible.
• Reporting all problems with ﬁnancial administration and compliance without delay.
• General administrative tasks in project.
• Filing in accordance with GIZ rules.
• Supporting the Finance Manager in the GIZ Head Ofﬁce to prepare ﬁnancial reports, audits, and supporting documents.
Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, management, finance or business administration
• At least 4-5 years‘ professional experience in a comparable position Other knowledge, additional competencies
• Good working knowledge of ICT technologies
• Good knowledge of English. French would be an asset
• Willing to communicate with team and partners
• Able to work independently
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV,
certiﬁcates, and references] until 12th February 2019 at 4:00 PM, by e-mail
The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF ﬁle. Please quote the job title in the subject
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Ofﬁce Rwanda
KN 41 St. I Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
GIZ office Rwanda reserves all rights!!
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.