Analyst to Global Finance Leadership
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
26th July 2019
Date Posted: Friday, July 12, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Analyst to Global Finance Leadership will work directly with the CFO and FRC Director primarily on ad hoc special projects and support with the administrative oversight for the 35+ central finance team based in Kigali. This is an excellent opportunity to gain an inside view on what it takes to manage a centralized global finance team for one of the fastest growing organizations with operations in 9+ countries.
We are seeking an exceptionally organized professional with a keen eye to detail, excellent communication skills and ability to manage multiple tasks at once without becoming overwhelmed. The successful applicant will be a strong self-starter who is able to take the initiative and problem-solve effectively. This humble person also possesses a positive attitude, a love of efficiency and passion for internal customer service..
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Undertake ad-hoc research work, collect and analyze data to prepare reports and documents e.g. how can we integrate mobile money platforms to our ERP to enhance the payment process
• Provide thought-partnership, project management, writing, and analytical support on projects a variety of special/high priority projects on behalf of the leadership team e.g. identify and address bottlenecks on the teams’ recurring activity or prepare RFP for in country consultants to execute a restructuring strategy or support in moving candidates for our various open roles faster
• Support to collate and prepare information for key meetings such as the Finance Committee
• Track the team OKRs/KPI dashboard and identify possible solutions in low performing areas
• Draft communication with existing service providers or responses to requests from external stakeholders (banks, regulators, donors etc.)
• Administrative Support/ Coordination
• Design and build the internal finance website for effective knowledge sharing purposes (recently the org transitioned from Sprout to Google sites)
• Prepare internal communications with staff regarding various people focused initiatives, plan office hours for the leadership and periodic newsletter
• Prepare and set up for periodic team meetings (finance and across the organization)
• Assist with event planning for an annual leadership retreat. Coordinating participant logistics, communications and agenda creation
• Work with other teams to organize team field visits and champion org-wide initiatives that strive to maintain employees’ mission engagement
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• We are seeking a candidate with 1-2 years of full-time work experience. Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• Undergraduate degree in finance or other related qualification. Excellent undergraduate academic performance or Master’s degree considered a plus
• Performance: demonstrated by impeccable organizational skills, attention to detail and creative problem solving
• Excellent written and oral communications: clear, concise and courteous with demonstrated ability to effectively adapt communication for the target audiences. Writing samples will be requested.
• Strong research and analysis: candidates should have experience and skills in conducting powerful secondary research.
• Flexibility/adaptability: someone who is able to juggle multiple projects and change priorities as new projects arise.
• Professional/technical skills: ability to hit the ground running with high levels of proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. A reasonable understanding of finance principles is an advantage.
• Values fit: we are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service – someone that puts our farmers before themselves.'
• Language: English required.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda. Rwandans are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address.
Follow the link below to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.