Branch Accounts Officer
Deadline of this Job:
09th July 2019
Date Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BRAC is the world’s largest, and leading development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across Asia, Africa, and the Americas. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, youth empowerment, education, and human rights and legal aid and more. BRAC promotes gender empowerment with much emphasis, women empowerment. As such, BRAC mainstreams gender in its strategic plans, action plans, and operations to contribute national gender balance policy strategies. One of the implementation strategies ensuring gender balance in its recruitment policy and processes. BRAC Rwanda Microfinance Company PLC is registered with Rwanda Development Board in September 2018 and recently was approved license from National Bank of Rwanda to operate Microfinance and other financial services in Rwanda. BRAC Rwanda is looking for competent, dynamic and self-motivated Rwandans to fill the following regular positions. .
• To record the cash of all programs in the daily collection registers and preserve in the file by preparing necessary voucher with sign.
• To prepare the list of expected cash collection and disbursement every morning by discussing with the branch manager and local head of related programs and then withdraw necessary cash from the bank.
• Make sure that there is no excess cash in hand or bank and dispatch excess funds to the Country office.
• To ensure all collections made are deposited in the office fund.
• To ensure that the loan is being disbursed to the real loan at the presence of the local supervisor of a related program while disbursing loans.
• To reimburse bills after verifying the authenticity of the transaction with the approval of Supervisor of all programs
• To calculate the total of daily collections register and compare it with the cash ledger at the end of the day.
• Recording the daily loan disbursement, collection & savings including all other cash transactions and report as required by the program authorities.
• Deposit the surplus amount in the bank at the end of each day.
• Complete daily activities in time and maintain files properly.
• Effective communication skills.
• Writing and reporting skills in English
• Computer skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance or related discipline from a recognized institution
• Experience: At least two years of Experience working in Microfinance/financial Institution.
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years
Job application procedure
• • Submit your signed application indicating the title of the position applied for, along with detailed curriculum vitae (resume) and contact details of at least three referees.
• All applications should be sent through email: email@example.com
• Application deadline: 9th July 2019 at 16hrs (Rwanda Time)
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
• Only women should apply for the above positions.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.