Bridge Lending Window Coordinator
Jobs at:Business Development Fund Ltd (BDF)
Deadline of this Job:
20 August 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
RECRUITMENT FOR ACCESS TO FINANCE FOR RECOVERY AND RESILIENCE (AFIRR) PROJECT
Business Development Fund (BDF) Ltd is a nonbanking institution that was established in 2011 with a core mandate of facilitating Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) to access finance. BDF promotes alternative financing avenues by providing credit guarantees to viable projects, direct financing to start-ups, SACCO refinancing, and matching grants.
BDF is implementing a Five-Year World Bank financed project titled Access to Finance for Recovery and Resilience (AFIRR). The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to increase access to finance and support recovery and resilience of businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Project design includes three main components namely (i) Liquidity and Recovery Facility to alleviate the financial constraints of firms and help them adjust their business to the post-COVID-19 scenario; (ii) Risk-sharing Facility aimed at enhancing, scaling up and expanding existing risk-sharing solutions such as partial credit guarantee (PCG) and insurance schemes with the objective of reaching MSMEs in sectors most hit by the COVID-19 pandemic; and (iii) Institutional Strengthening and Implementation Support which will aim at strengthening firms’ capability through the provision of tailored Business Development Services (BDS) and enhancing the capacity of institutions involved in the implementation of the project through provision of technical assistance support. Given the specificity of this project, BDF is setting up a Project Implementing Unit (PIU) that will oversee overall project implementation (coordination, monitoring and evaluation) over the next five years. Therefore, BDF seeks to hire six (6) competent and qualified staff with a contractual term of 5 years, which is the project period.
All the positions will be stationed at the Headquarters of the Business Development Fund (BDF) located in the Central Business District at M-Peace Plaza, 5th Floor, Kigali.
1. Bridge Lending Window Coordinator
Roles and Responsibilities
The Bridge Lending Window (BLW) Coordinator is expected to perform a full range of administrative and operational duties regarding the BLW. Specifically, the BLW Coordinator will do the following:
• Establish the BLW eligibility requirements, operational and reporting procedures, and systems. This will include a review of internal BDF rules and regulations in regard to the extension of credit to ensure alignment of the BLW with existing procedures and articulate the eligibility criteria for accessing the BLW.
• Assess applications submitted to BDF by the banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) for the MSMEs that have been affected by unprecedented events and need short term bridge loans.
• Develop and manage the insurance backstop product from private (re)insurance companies to protect BLW’s capital from depletion. This will include reviewing eligible insurance products available in Rwanda, collaborating with an insurance broker to support the structuring and procuring of a backstop product, and working with the insurance companies to oversee payouts into the BLW following severe shock periods/scenarios.
• Develop contract modalities between the various stakeholders involved in the BLW scheme.
• Participate in the planning, budgeting, and implementation of the bridge lending process through partner financial institutions (PFIs) including reporting on the projects financed through BLW.
• Develop proposal for data/indicators upon which to base disbursement decisions from the BLW.
• Develop mechanisms to increase awareness of the BLW among financial institutions and strengthen the working relationship with them.
• Conduct capacity building activities and provide technical assistance to PFIs on the BLW product and processes.
• Prepare, as per World Bank guidelines, monthly, quarterly, and annual status reports on financed MSMEs through BLW from different PFIs.
• Ensure that the banks and MFIs comply with BLW repayment schedules as stipulated in the participation agreement.
• Conduct internal control reviews and statements of bridge lending in conjunction with claims and disbursements eligibilities.
• Participate and provide feedback on audit reports/queries that may arise and work with the PIU to address queries regarding bridge lending where necessary and prepare appropriate letters for communication with the project implementing agencies.
• Perform any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Competencies
• At least a bachelor’s degree in agri-business, agriculture economics, business management, finance and accounting, or business law from a reputable higher learning institution.
• A master’s degree in either of the above-stated disciplines is an added advantage.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good analytical and negotiation skills; resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgment.
• Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate, and monitor own work plan.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Extensive knowledge and at least 15 years of experience in public or corporate finance sector development, risk management, or consulting.
• At least 5 years of experience in a senior management level position, with responsibilities in the design, planning and implementation of large-scale financial products.
• Substantial understanding of, and experience in, the private sector business environment, ideally in the agriculture and/or MSME sector (incl. rural business development, agriculture finance, micro finance and marketing, competitiveness, and value chain analysis).
• Excellent understanding of disaster risk management and risk financing policies and programs. Ideally experience in drought risk assessment and modelling (incl. analytical and research skills in hazard and vulnerability analysis).
• Experience in working with Ministry of Finance and/or Central Bank counterparts in the areas of financial policy, financial stability, long-term finance, and risk management (incl. expertise about public finance budget processes, accounting procedures, and reporting).
• Understanding of the function of and experience in carrying out institutional oversight and accountability function, including grievance mechanisms.
• Demonstrated ability to establish trust and create partnerships with government officials and private sector clients in emerging markets to ensure a collaborative approach to design and implementation of customized financial solutions that achieve development objectives.
• Ability to work constructively and collaboratively with diverse stakeholders on a range of sensitive issues, and to anticipate, manage and respond to divergent views.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please submit your application letter with Curriculum Vitae, notified copies academic and professional certificates, copies of Identity card, and contact details of three references to Info@bdf.rw or Hard Copies to BDF Office Reception at M.Peace Plaza,
5th Floor , attention of Human Resource and Administration Manager not later than Friday, 20th August 2021 at 11:00 AM.
NB: BDF will contact only those who will be shortlisted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.