Budget & Finance Assistant
Jobs at:World Health Organization(WHO)
Deadline of this Job:
Oct 9, 2019
Date Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Country Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the general supervision and guidance of the NPO/Operations Officer, the incumbent performs the following functions:Input/update workplans including planned costs in GSM;Initiate setting up of HR plans, identify and include positions in HR plans, update position parameters and submit for approval;Initiate mapping of positions to task and awards;Complete Award Activation, Distribution and Amendment requests;Raise or revise workplan funding requests;Develop/revise award budgets ;Monitor expenditures against award budgets, project funding, award distributions and PB allocations;Identify and process necessary revisions to expenditures, award budgets and project funding; Monitor and review staff costs in occupied and vacant positions;Follow up on cancellation of encumbrances in relation to travel costs and procurement of goods and services (refer to accounting instruction 45);Perform budget analysis and produce budget and award reports;Contribute to the reporting on performance assessment.Achievement Activities Include: Timely and high-quality output and results to support the achievement of the objectives of the unit, and enable effective program implementation in the region.
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Essential: Completion of secondary education or equivalent technical training or commercial education with specialization in accounting, budgeting or finance.
Desirable: Diploma or higher education in accounting or finance and an accounting or finance qualification will be an advantage.
Essential: 10 to 15 years of working experience with 3 to 5 years of responsible work in finance, Budgeting and/or accounting activities.
Desirable: Experience within UN or other international or multinational organizations will be an advantage.
Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement inputs from several sources; to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; to conceptualize and carry out tasks with little supervision; to provide financial analytical reports, using appropriate software; to interpret financial rules and regulations; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of French.
The above language requirements are interchangeable.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at RWF 16,938,000 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
• This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
• Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
• A written test may be used as a form of screening.
• In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/ . Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
• Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
• Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
• For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
• WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
• WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
• WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
• This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.