Chief Finance Officer
Jobs at:Right Seat Ltd Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
19 November 2021
Date Posted: Sunday, November 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Right Seat Ltd Rwanda
Mission Statement of Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village:
Through healing, education, and love, the Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village empowers orphaned and vulnerable Rwandan youth to build lives of dignity and contribute to a better world.
Core Values: Our core values inspire all our work, focusing our staff on the best interests of the child and helping our students to create a community dedicated to building empowered and self-reliant lives.
Commitment : Embrace the mission and go the extra-mile
Respect : Be considerate and mindful of others and the environment
Role model : Live and lead by example in a positive way
Interest of Child : Base every decision on how it impacts the child
Support : Help and encourage one another
Integrity : Always be honest with yourself and others and act accordingly
Learning Community : Seek and maximize opportunity for growth and development
To take the strategic lead of the CFO functions at the Senior Management level in the disciplines of Finance, Operations & Logistics, Facilities & Maintenance, Information Technology and Human Resources. Provide leadership to all administrative leads at ASYV in order to ensure that operations run optimally. Build on financial & operational systems and processes to continuously improve working efficiency and productivity.
Key Responsibilities :
• Provide leadership to the mid-level management that aligns with ASYV’s mission and overall strategic vision
• Work closely with the Executive Director in continuing to build a high quality, efficient and impactful organization
• Work closely with the senior management team to create and implement the standard operational processes, internal infrastructures and controls, reporting systems and organizational policies, designed to foster the efficient use of ASYV resources.
• Day to day responsibility for all administrative departments; including finance, operations, HR & I.T.
• Overall responsibility for annual budget management including all Financial Reporting & Analysis, presentations to Global Board and meeting International Financial Reporting Standards.
• Frequently review and monitor standard operating procedures and policies in accordance with local regulations, while overseeing Audit & Financial Risk Management.
• Collaborate with the Managing Director and the NY Office team to oversee Grant reporting and management.
• Build command of all technology at ASYV, while managing the IT team in order to ensure high functionality of IT systems.
• Oversight of operations, procurement and facilities to ensure efficient running & maintenance of the village and village property.
• ACCA / CPA or master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent.
• At least 7 years’ experience in Finance and Operations
• Possess strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Strong knowledge and experience of high-level management
• Experience leading teams and managing people
• Excellent communicator with confident ability to present financial reports verbally & visually to high level and international stakeholders
• Honest, trustworthy and transparent character
• Strong ability to collaborate
• Acute attention to detail
• Works well under tight deadlines, excellent time management skills
• Experienced in Project Management
• Possess strong proficiency in MS Office skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and experience of the QuickBooks software at an advanced level
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.