Chief Internal Auditor
Jobs at:University Of Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
01st August 2019
Date Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
University Of Rwanda .
• Coordinate the UR Internal audit of the Control System
• Establish standards and implementing procedures to ensure that the compliance programs throughout the organization are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting noncompliance
• Assesses whether current control Systems are adequate to identify risk and provide assurance on adequacy and effectiveness of risk management practices;
• Helps management to improve efficiency and to ensure that governance, risk management and internal control systems are operating efficiently and effectively.
• Examines adherence to any policy, contractual, regulatory and legislative requirements.
• Participates in significant initiatives and priorities and providing solutions to financial management and internal controls;
• Safeguards objectivity and ensure he/she is not playing management role.
• Providing advisory services
• Advise senior manager on internal audit operations
• Advice senior management on internal audit operations, financial operations, performs financial and management information reporting analyses, and conducts business operations analysis and ensures that relevant programs are successfully implemented throughout the system.
• Supervise and approve the preparation of the University audit plan;
• Ensures that the annual audit plan is approved by management of the University and submitted to the Board.
• Coordinating the financial review (Monthly and annually)
• Conducts the review of financial statement;
• Reviews all payment done during the period under review for e.g.: Monthly, Quarterly;
• Provides Findings to the units under audit;
• Provides final reports to the Vice Chancellor;
• Gives advice on the appropriateness of accounting records and financial reporting.
• Following up audit recommendations
• Reviews management responses to internal audit reports;
• Prepare reports on the implementation of recommendations;
• Ensure that the Auditor General recommendations are implemented
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Professional qualification certificate in Accounting (ACCA or CPA) and must be registered with iCPAR
• Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Five (5) years' experience in field of auditing, management accounting and control systems, three (3) of which must have been at managerial (Director or equivalent) level.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply http://recruitment.mifotra.gov.rw/Applications/Apply/3763