Chief Programs Officer (CPO) Advisor
Jobs at:Mastercard Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
16 July 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
Reporting to the Chief Programs Officer (CPO), the senior Chief Programs Officer (CPO) Advisor is responsible for providing a full range of management, organization and technical support to the CPO to promote efficient and high-quality delivery of services. S/he works closely with the CPO providing advice when needed and regular support to carry out the CPO’s roles and responsibilities. Works closely with the Senior Executive Assistant as well as the CPO’s team and direct reports of the CPO.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
• Support CPO to ensure achievement of Country and Major Programs to achieve the goals of Young Africa Works.
• Provide strategic input on programmatic decisions.
• Participate in and input into programmatic and country reviews, connecting learnings from country and programmatic work throughout the enterprise.
• Collaborate with Regional teams to strengthen linkages across countries and other programs.
• Cooperate cross-functionally across the enterprise including with Programs, Impact, Finance, Strategic Operations, Office of CEO, Communications to ensure alignment of processes and work.
• Effectively enable the Partnership Approval process for CPO engagement to ensure quality and efficiency.
• Ensures high quality control, review and timely delivery of outputs/deliverables from the office of the CPO.
• Contribute to and ensure the management and strategic prioritization of tasks, initiatives, and projects requiring the CPO’s participation and ensure smooth functioning and processes of Office of CPO.
• Support preparation for leadership meetings such as the Program Senior Team, Senior Leadership and determine action points.
• Prepare high quality external and internal documentation (reports, presentations, analyses etc.) working with other teams such as Communications teams etc.
• Support, ensure or conduct review of all key documentation raised for CPO attention and decision making.
• Draft CPO’s staff emails and talking points for internal meetings including Board meetings where appropriate.
• Collaborate with relevant units, task forces and strategic initiatives to ensure consistency.
• Support onboarding of key positions and collaborate with P&C to ensure updated onboarding tools.
• Liaise with external stakeholders as per the needs of the CPO.
• Represent and accompany the CPO when appropriate in external and internal meetings and discussions (e.g., on thematic working groups, international bodies etc.)
• Review speaking points as appropriate for external speeches and/or talking points for CPO engagements.
• Contribute to the strategic prioritization of tasks, initiatives, and projects requiring the CPO’s participation.
• Lead on particular initiatives which could include new internal processes, specific projects, cross-foundational work etc.
• Handle inquiries and routine/complex responsibilities as delegated by the CPO, including special project management.
• Participate in or keep track of the work of key task forces related to initiatives which contribute to the CPO’s vision and functions.
• Provide overall CPO office coordination and occasionally supervise or coach more junior level staff and assistants.
• Could involve management of other support team members.
• Coordinates with Offices of CPO direct reports including Strategy and Planning and Offices of the Regional Directors and Director Human Capital, Impact and Finance.
• Manage budget of CPO Office and Support CPO in decisions regarding organizational structure and deployment.
• Strategic input to internal processes and represent the implications on Programs.
WHO YOU ARE
• Must have a Master’s degree with over 10 years professional qualification or experience.
• Extensive experience advising senior executives at senior or C-suite level.
• Deep programmatic experience understanding the realities of program implementation.
• Leadership and management experience and ability to think strategically and at an enterprise level.
• Proven track record in working across multiple and diverse stakeholders and ability to engage at senior level.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• Deep knowledge of issues confronting young people in Africa, understanding of various interests and ability to find solutions.
• Ability to effectively analyze, review and produce necessary reports, analyses and presentations to support CPO decision making.
• Excellent leadership skills and management experience
• Exceptional inter-personal skills
• Highly organized and results driven – execution focus.
• Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) and high attention to detail.
• High degree of comfort in changing environments.
• Proactive and self-starter.
• Outstanding social and intercultural skills and proven ability to multitask and work to deadlines, sometimes under pressure.
• Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
• Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
• Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
• French language and/or local language skills are an asset.
• You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for Applications is July 16 , 2021.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references and background checks are essential conditions of employment.
For more information and to sign up for the Foundation’s newsletter, please visit http://www.mastercardfdn.org/
Follow the Foundation on Twitter at @MastercardFdn
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link below to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.