Country Finance Manager
Jobs at:SNV Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SNV seeks to recruit a Manager of the Country Finance team of existing Accountants, Project Administrators, and General / Finance Support Officers The Country Finance Manager (CFM), with a reporting line to the Country Director, will ensure that all financial data and reporting are within the Corporate financial guidelines and directions, donor requirements, accounting and reporting regulations aimed at timely, complete and up to date insight in the (financial) performance of the country and projects. .
Finance Strategy for the country:
• Develop, seek approval and implement the Finance strategy for the country, taking into account country interests, relevant regulation, corporate standards and guidelines, and donor regulations.
• Contribute to the development of the country strategy, management agreement, and projects.
• Critique and contribute to development of global financial procedures and guidelines.
• Clear, consistent and up-to-date Finance strategy and policy for the country
• Inclusion of financial perspective in-country strategy
• Inclusion of country perspective in the development of global Finance procedures and guidelines
Management of Country Finance function:
• Organize the Finance function in the country and manage the employees, activities and all aspects within the team, in accordance with the approved plan, budget, and relevant procedures, in order to realize the department's objectives.
• Monitor internal and donor requirements and oversee the development and implementation of updated work methods and procedures.
• Participate in relevant (corporate) projects.
• Develop and provide financial Management Information statements and financial reports and analyses to relevant internal and external parties. Respond to requests regarding financial administration and data, in accordance with corporate procedures.
• Act as a source of expertise and business partner for management and Project Managers on issues concerning Financial Management, performance indicators and related legal issues.
• As Financial Lead in, and in collaboration with the country proposal team, develop review and refine budgets within the approved threshold, in line with and compliant with corporate guidelines.
• Ensure timely and proper project administration by Project Manager and Project Administrator(s) and support Project Manager in the set-up of project governance, administration and finance procedures, guided by the contract signed with the donor and compliant with SNV PM and Finance policies and guidelines, SNV corporate governance table and donor procedures.
Management and Donor Reporting:
• Present monthly financial consolidated reports to Country Management. Signal and advise Country Director on issues regarding the financial status of projects and participate in the discussion with responsible project managers if project profitability gives reason to.
• Report regularly on the overall country financial situation, using the corporate reporting formats and within the guidelines of the Global Support Unit Finance for management discussion.
• Analyze and interpret financial performance, country/project trends, time registration versus planning and financial status of projects.
• Support and give guidance to project managers and project administrators in providing accurate and timely financial data to SNV donors according to donor requirements.
• In collaboration with Project Manager and Project Administrator, ensure proper financial and administrative closing of projects in line with donor and SNV guidelines.
• Conduct internal compliance and control assessments, identify and address risk areas, implement measures to minimize the risk of irregularities and coordinate audits, based on corporate compliance and audit procedures and in consultation with Regional Finance Controller, country management team and Project Managers.
Financial Accounting and Administration:
• Execute all necessary financial accounting activities and checks, assuring complete and correct allocation of costs and time, and ensure that internal and external financial reporting complies with the relevant financial standards and regulations.
• Ensure the processing of accounts payable and receivable
• Ensure adherence to tax-related requirements and compliance with local (tax) regulations, including corporate income tax, VAT, Sales Tax, Personal Income Tax if and where applicable.
• Review receivables for doubtful debts and set up appropriate provisions.
• Carry out reconciliation of administrations, manage the ledger accounts and manage the cash and liquidity levels.
• Carry out credit management of all donor receivables and ensure that credit due to SNV is pre-financed and invoices issued to donors are settled on time and in full.
• Ensure compliance of LCB financial transactions with ICF and all payments are substantiated with invoices, purchase orders and satisfactory evidence of work completion.
• Ensure proper registration, documentation and archiving of relevant financial documents.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Well-seasoned level of a financial professional, with strong experience in Finance and full understanding of the core finance and business processes. Acts as discussion partner on the country level for financial matters.
• Conceptual working and thinking level with several years of experience in finance;
• OR Higher vocational working & thinking level with many years of experience in finance;
• Practical & applied knowledge level;
• Well-grounded, well-seasoned financial professional, with the full understanding of the core processes;
• Academic qualification- MBA or MSc. or Bachelor's degree in Finance or professional Accounting qualification.
• Gives input to the development of the Corporate Finance strategy, translates the Finance strategy and principles to own country to a more detailed approach, identifies and acts on bottlenecks
• As a member of CMT contributes to the development of the strategy of the country, understands the impact of strategy changes on Finance strategy, acts as a financial sparring partner in MT, and advises CMT on financial matters.
• Provides financial and administrative reports to CMT.
• Sets and ensures implementation of procedures, guidelines and work instructions for financial administration of offices and carries out, optimizes and oversees the financial accounting within the country.
• Is a sparring partner for CD for financial matters and contributes to the development of the strategy of the country. Ensures alignment and compliance with Corporate (financial) guidelines and that business decision are based on sound financial criteria.
• Supports more junior financial officers in the country.
• As a member of CMT and advisor to CD has a contributory impact on the country's performance.
• Able to adequately identify risks and opportunities
• Forecasting – In bringing realistic financial data together
• Accuracy - in financial analysis
• Reliability - In meeting deadlines
• Teamwork - Ability work top-down as well as horizontally-
• Communications - Ability to articulate finance to non-financial people and manage the flow of communication
• Pro-active; general pro-activeness and adaptability to change
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.