Disability Inclusion Advisor/Program Manager I
Jobs at:Catholic Relief Service (CRS)
Deadline of this Job:
08 October 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
You will provide technical oversight of the development and implementation of the CRS Rwanda’s INECD disability inclusion interventions in collaboration with Humanity and Inclusion (HI), ensuring effective systems and processes are in place that support high-quality programming advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality INECD programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its programming.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
• Manage and implement all disability inclusion activities throughout relevant project cycles - project design, start-up, implementation, and close-out - to ensure efficient and effective implementation in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices. Ensure project team and partner staff use the appropriate systems and tools.
• Deliver and coordinate specialized services for Persons with Disabilities, especially Community-Based Rehabilitation Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities.
• Bring technical support in implementing the INECD initiatives and activities in close collaboration with local disability organizations, implementing partners, and service providers (both public and private) at different levels including health centers and hospitals by ensuring the delivery of nutrition and ECD services is inclusive.
• Lead the process of developing guideline, strategy, standards, and manuals to help with mainstreaming of disability inclusion into nutrition, ECD, and health in close collaboration with GoR stakeholders and other development partners.
• Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of INECD project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
• Champion learning and documentation with INECD project staff and partner teams. Analyze and evaluate INECD project performance data following MEAL policy. Proactively identify issues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles. Work with the MEAL team to effectively monitor and evaluate the quality of the INECD program by focusing on providing timely, accurate, and inclusive data
• Act as a key resource person in project design and proposal development in the disability inclusion area, gap-filling and taking on growth responsibilities, as needed.
• Coordinate the identification of staff capacity and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and capacity strengthening and required disability inclusion interventions to support quality project implementation.
• Help identify, assess and strengthen partnerships relevant to inclusive nutrition and early childhood development by applying the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools, and approaches.
• Coordinate and monitor financial and material resources relevant to INECD project needs. Through planning and oversight ensure efficient use of project resources
• Master's Degree in social psychology, social science, physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, in Rehabilitation studies, social work, or Community Social services. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant field-based experience in coordinating or managing light to moderately complex projects working with PWDs, disability inclusion, Community-Based Rehabilitation (CBR) services, community support services, and advocacy, preferably with an international NGO.
• Required Languages - Oral and written fluency in English and Kinyarwanda. French is a plus.
• Travel - The position is Kigali based. Must be willing and able to travel up to 50 %.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make a sound judgment.
• Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports
• Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
• Project management experience in inclusive nutrition and ECD is highly desirable.
• Experience engaging with partner organizations.
• Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals.
• MEAL skills and experience preferred.
• Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the attached application form, Self -Declaration Clause and submit them together with one page Cover letter plus updated CV (maximum three pages) all in/as one document - via email only to: RW_HR@crs.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.