Deadline of this Job:
22nd APRIL 2019
Date Posted: 12TH APRIL 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full_Time , Currency: RWF , Value: 300000 , Minimum: 210000 , Maximum: 900000 , Period: MONTH
Feed the Future Rwanda Hinga Weze
Scope of Work – District Finance.
Project Name : Feed the Future Rwanda Hinga Weze / Contract No. AID-696-C-17-00001
Consultancy Title and Assignment : District Finance.
Reports to : District Manager
Level of Effort : Full-time position
Place of Performance : Hinga Weze target districts
Period of Performance : Starting as soon the recruitment is over
1. About CNFA
Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is an international agricultural development organization that specializes in designing sustainable, market-led agricultural, agribusiness and livestock initiatives. CNFA builds strong local and global partnerships, incorporates innovative approaches in its programs, and fosters inclusive development to offer enhanced opportunities to underserved groups. Since 1985, CNFA has managed more than $600 million in donor-funded agriculture development programs, and has worked in 44 countries across the world in Africa, Eastern Europe, Latina America, the Caribbean, the Middle East, and South and Central Asia.
About Feed the Future Rwanda Hinga Weze Activity
The objective of the five-year USAID Feed the Future Rwanda Hinga Weze Activity is to sustainably increase smallholder farmers’ income, improve the nutritional status of Rwandan women and children, and increase the resilience of agriculture and food systems to the changing climate. These outcomes will be achieved through combining capacity building with in-kind matching grants and technical support to strengthen agricultural extension, improve agricultural infrastructure, and facilitate linkages among value chain actors. To achieve the goals of Hinga Weze, five value chains will be specifically targeted: high-iron beans, orange flesh sweet potato (OFSP), Irish potato, maize and horticulture. The Activity is being implemented in the following ten districts of Rwanda: Gatsibo, Kayonza, Kirehe, Ngoma (Eastern Province); Nyabihu, Rutsiro, Ngororero Nyamasheke, Karongi (Western Province); and Nyamagabe (Southern Province).
II. Position Overview:
Reporting to the District Manager, the District Finance, Procurement, and Administrative Officer’s role is to ensure that District expenses are in accordance with CNFA procurement and financial policies, procedures, rules and regulations. He ensures that District staff are able to deliver services on schedule. In this regards, in close collaboration with the Kigali Operations Team, she/he will perform a variety of administrative, clerical and basic finance and Procurement tasks for the District office. The position will be based at each of the 10 Hinga Weze District offices..
Main duties and responsibilities include:
• Update available trackers with daily financial transactions;
• Closely monitor the records of different liabilities for the District office;
• In accordance with CNFA Finance policy, maintain an efficient and effective management of travel advance accounts of all District staff;
• Collect, follow up and assist on processing of invoices for expenses incurred by the office;
• Maintain the District Petty cash box and submit monthly petty cash reports.
• Administrative and HR duties
• Coordinate the movement of parcels in and out of the District office (courier) on behalf of staff;
• Request and issue office supplies and stationery to staff and ensure proper recording and documentation of use;
• Support other staff activities such as staff meetings and events (staff welfare).
• Ensure the general cleanliness of the office premises
• Receive and guide visitors;
• Liaise with Kigali Operations staff on any required repairs;
• Coordinate security matters of District office premises;
• Liaise with the Kigali Operations team on HR related matters for the District staff;
• Coordinate matters related with IT with GIS/IT Officer
• Coordinate vehicle/motorbikes movements, repair and fuel.
• Procurement and Asset Management.
• Facilitating the procurement process and maintaining all procurement files for the process initiated from the District office;
• Managing stationery assigned to the District office;
• Maintaining an up to date office assets register, ensuring tagging, and insurance of the same.
• Training/ Workshops/ Meetings
• Assist the District office on the preparation and implementation of trainings, meetings and workshops by providing secretarial, logistical and financial administration preceding during the activity;
• Preparation of training/workshop/meeting reports.
• Staff Travel.
• In collaboration with Kigali Operations teams, coordinate travel arrangements for the district staff, collaborators and visitors,
• Manage the travel authorization process for project staff and collaborators.
The candidate shall have the following competencies, skills, and experience:
• Degree Business Administration/Management or another relevant subject with proven office management skills.
• At least two (2) years of relevant work experience in a closely related field gained in an International organization and experience with donor-funded projects.
• Prior experience with donor funded projects
• Excellent oral and written French or English communication skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, but also participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties.
• Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good judgment and a high level of respect for confidentiality.
• Strong ability to coordinate, prioritize and organize workload; is flexible and able to work under pressure.
• Good level of effective planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills with a positive attitude and strong administrative service orientation.
• V.Terms of employment:
• The positions are nationally recruited, will be based at Hinga Weze 10 Districts
Job application procedure
All interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their applications with cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of degrees and certificates sent in PDF or Word Document to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: District Finance, Procurement, and Administrative Officer. All applicants should specify which district they are applying for. Application submission deadline is April 22nd, 2019 at 5:00 pm. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.