Executive Sous Chef
Jobs at:Kigali Marriott Hotel
Deadline of this Job:
28 April 2021
Date Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Number 21037850
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Kigali Marriott Hotel, KN 3 Avenue, Kigali, Rwanda, Rwanda VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™. .
• Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while assisting in leading the staff and managing all food related functions.
• Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance in all areas of responsibility.
• Assists in supervising all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports.
• Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved. Areas of responsibility comprise overseeing all food preparation areas (e.g., banquets, room service, restaurants, bar/lounge and employee cafeteria) and all support areas (e.g., dish room and purchasing) as applicable.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 6 years’ experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area. OR
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major;
• 4 years’ experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
Core Work Activities
• Assisting in Leading Kitchen Operations for Property
• Provides direction for all day-to-day operations.
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
• Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
• Setting and Maintaining Goals for Culinary Function and Activities
• Develops and implements guidelines and control procedures for purchasing and receiving areas.
• Establishes goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Manages department controllable expenses including food cost, supplies, uniforms and equipment.
• Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
• Knows and implements the brand's safety standards.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including 3 names of professional referees through: https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/21037850?lang=en-us.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.