Finance & Administration Officer
Jobs at:FH Association Rwanda (Food for the Hungry )
Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2020
Date Posted: Monday, February 03, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
FH Association is an international Christian, Relief, and Development organization with a vision “All forms of Poverty ended worldwide” and a mission; “Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty”. We are seeking to hire qualified, dedicated and experienced “Finance & Admin Officer ” (1position) for our Rwanda Country Program to be based in, Mwendo Sector/Cluster in Ruhango District .
Key Result #1 – Accounting, financial and internal controls
• Ensure that all transactions relating to a particular day are recorded in the Journals in a timely manner.
• She/he is responsible for filing all financial records and ensuring that files are labeled in accordance with the FH filing policy.
• Support the cluster coordinators in the review of the monthly report and budget C adjustments
• Support Cluster coordinators and field staff in the development of new project budgets
• Train field staff on basic financial documentation and processes including training then on coding
• Ensure all documentation like beneficiaries list, activity reports, GRN are properly filled and attached to the payment.
• Work with drivers to ensure that the vehicle log sheet/book at the cluster level is filled and sent on time to head office.
Key Result #2 – Program advances and Payments at the cluster level
• Manages the Program advances settlement and report to the FM in case the staff has failed to settle his/her advance in two weeks.
• Verifies the Program advance report and ensures that all the relevant documents are provided and proper coding is done
• He/she must also ensure that the nature of expenses matches the program's advance request.
• Responsible for petty cash management including supporting in small procurement at the cluster level
• Ensure the control and security of cash resources.
Key result # 3: Handling administrative and logistical duties at cluster level
• Arrange accommodation and travel for visitors, sponsors or donors visiting the cluster offices as needed.
• Assist the HR and Admin Department with leave management and ensure that the office and office equipment are clean at all times
• Put a system of register incoming and outgoing correspondence and maintain reference number system.
• Develop and maintain an accurate filing system, monitor the use of office supplies and equipment.
• Assist the HR and Admin Department in coordinating Staff Learning and Development efforts at the cluster level
• Work with the Logistics Officer based in Kigali and ensure that the office equipment at the cluster office is maintained (copier machine, printers, etc.) and an updated asset and inventory list is updated
• Supervise drivers, security guards, and office hosts at the cluster office
• With support from Logistics officer, oversee vehicle and motorbike movement plans, fueling and maintenances of vehicle and motorbikes based at the cluster level
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Christian commitment to serving the poor
• Proven Experience & application knowledge of Sun Systems V188.8.131.52 Sun systems, or other financial accounting systems
• Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and practical knowledge of financial systems and internal controls.
• Ability and willingness to learn and work with a high degree of motivation and adaptability
• Organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a team
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
• Must have accuracy and reliability
• Must have good oral and written communication skills in English
• Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
• Degree in Finance/Accounting, or Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) from a recognized and certified institution or University plus Professional Accounting Qualifications, or Advanced Diploma (A1) in Secretariat, Administration and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position with an International NGO.
• The position holder must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, French, and Kinyarwanda
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should fill in the Job Application Form and attach their cover letter and updated CV/Resume with three professional referees (including email address and day telephone contacts), not later than 10th February 2020 using the following link : http://184.108.40.206/fhrwandajobs
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.