Finance & Administration Officer
Jobs at:Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA)
Deadline of this Job:
20 November 2020
Date Posted: Friday, November 06, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is an international NGO, founded in Norway as the labour movement’s humanitarian solidarity organisation. NPA’s goal is centered on human worth and equal rights for all and strives globally to promote the values of solidarity, unity, equality, human rights and democracy.
Norwegian People’s Aid in Rwanda supports civil society organisations and citizens to participate in and contribute to the formulation and implementation of national and local policymaking, planning and governance. .
NPA is currently seeking a Finance and Administration officer. The finance and administration will be 80% working with Finance unit and 20% with the administration. The finance and administration officer works with finance and programme team to support NPA and partners to ensure compliance to NPA policies and procedures as well as donor finance procedures, regulations and guidelines. The finance officer will do periodic monitoring and review of partners reports and submit to Finance Manager for final review.
Summary of the Position:
70% of Time on Partnership support
• Organise monitoring visits to partners prior to any disbursement and produce a recommendation to NPA’s management
• With the partners, focal persons organise a joint monitoring visit
• Serve as a liaison person with whom partners can contact to ask advice on financial and administrative matters and inquire any information related to compliance with the contract
• Meet with the partners to discuss the main findings of visits/reports and explain how to rectify any weaknesses identified.
• Organise a meeting with partners to discuss audit findings and plan for the next audit
• To assist the NPA Management in ensuring that views and management concerns expressed by partners are investigated and acted upon to improve overall performance and accountability of NPA and partner organizations.
• In collaboration with the FM and the programme, team conduct a financial assessment to know the level of changes in partners’ management system.
• Identify capacity building gaps and recommend training
• Documents internal control weaknesses and compliance and recommend appropriate ways to address these weaknesses
• Contribute to NPA organised review and evaluation as needed
• Review partners reports and/or generate consolidated financial reports for use by the Finance Manager for compliance with grant and donor requirements
• Analyse partners spending trends and provide feedback and analysis to the Programme Manager and Finance Manager
20% of Time on Accounting/Finance
• Assist the finance department in processing payments in accordance with NPA policies and procedures (specifically all payments that require cheques such as travel advances, advances for urgent payments etc…).
• Assist the finance department in the balance accounts to clean up and reconciliation. • Support NPA programme audits and provides the required information for successful completion
• Participate in donors reporting and partners audit-related work;
10% of Time on Administration
• Assist Administration unit in the management of Petty cash. Under this role, you will be the cash box custodian.
• This is a summary of the position. More details are available in the full job description
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting/Finance
• At least 5 years’ experience and demonstrated success working in finance at similar positions in an international NGO or similar
• Previous experience in financial monitoring and compliance
• Experience in managing co-operation and partnership with CSOs
• Experience in financial management and reporting.
• Strong financial skills, with the ability to inspire and build the competence of staff
• Excellent interpersonal skills as a team player
• Advanced presentation, facilitation and communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Adequate computer skills.
• Strong health
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested persons should submit a 1 page covering application letter briefly describing how they meet the required qualifications and personal competences and an updated CV to:
The Country Director
Norwegian Peoples Aid (NPA) Rwanda
Tel: +250 252 580530
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to P.O. Box 2966, Rwanda Kigali
This is local recruitment and the chosen candidate will be contracted by NPA Rwanda. Female candidates are in particular encouraged to apply
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.