Finance And Administration Officer
FH Association Rwanda (Food for the Hungry)
Deadline of this Job:
7th January 2019
Kigali , Rwanda , East Africa , 250
Date Posted: 18th December 2018 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: RwF
FH ASSOCIATION RWANDA
(Food for the Hungry)
P.O.BOX 911 Kigali, Rwanda
KG 5 Road, UMUYENZI PLAZA 2nd Floor Remera, Kisimenti
FH Association Rwanda (Food for the Hungry) is an International Christian Relief and Development Organization with a vision "All forms of poverty ended worldwide” and a mission "Together we follow God's call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.”
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER (1 POSITION)
We are seeking to hire qualified, dedicated and experienced “Finance and Administration
Ofﬁcer” (1 position) to work in Gatunda sector in Nyagatare district.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are typical for this position. The incumbent may not perform all the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those spelt out below to address needs and changes in the organization.
Key Result #1 - Accounting, financial and internal controls
- Ensure that all transactions relating to a particular day are recorded in the Journals in a timely manner.
- She/he is responsible for filing of all ﬁnancial records and ensuring that ﬁles are labeled in accordance with FH ﬁling policy.
- Support the cluster coordinators in the review of the monthly report and budget C adjustments
- Support Cluster coordinators and ﬁeld staff in the development of new project budgets
- Train ﬁeld staff on basic ﬁnancial documentation and processes including training then on coding
- Ensure all documentation like beneﬁciaries list, activity reports, GRN are properly ﬁlled and attached to payment.
- Work with drivers to ensure that vehicle log sheet/book at cluster level is ﬁlled and sent on time to head ofﬁce.
Key Result #2 - Program advances and Payments at cluster level
- Manages the Program advances settlement and report to the FM in case a staff has failed to settle his/her advance in two weeks.
- Veriﬁes the Program advance report and ensures that all the relevant documents are provided and proper coding is done
- He/she must also ensure that the nature of expenses matches the program advance request.
- Responsible for petty cash management including supporting in small procurement at the cluster level
- Ensure control and security of cash resources.
Key Result # 3: Handling administrative and logistical duties at cluster level
- Arrange accommodation and travel for visitors, sponsors or donors visiting the cluster ofﬁces as needed.
- Assist the HR and Admin Department with leave management and ensure that the ofﬁce and ofﬁce equipment are clean at all times
- Put a system of register incoming and outgoing correspondence and maintain
reference number system.
- Develop and maintain an accurate ﬁling system, monitor the use of office supplies and equipment.
- Assist the HR and Admin Department in coordinating Staff Learning and Development efforts at the cluster level
- Work with the Logistics Ofﬁcer based in Kigali and ensure that the ofﬁce equipment at the cluster ofﬁce is maintained (copier machine, printers, etc.) and an updated asset and inventory list is updated
- Supervise drivers, security guards, and ofﬁce hosts at the cluster ofﬁce
- With support from the Logistics ofﬁcer, oversee vehicle and motorbike movement plans, fueling and maintenances of vehicle and motorbikes based at the cluster level
- Christian commitment to serving the poor
- Proven Experience & application knowledge of Sun Systems V22.214.171.124 Sun systems, or other financial accounting systems
- Must have a proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and a practical knowledge of financial systems and internal controls.
- Ability and willingness to learn and work with a high degree of motivation and
- Organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Ofﬁce Suite)
- Must have accuracy and reliability
- Must have good oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English, French,and Kinyarwanda.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Degree in Finance and Accounting, or Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) from a
recognized and certiﬁed institution or University plus Professional Accounting
Qualiﬁcations, or Advanced Diploma (A1) in Secretariat, Administration have a minimum of 3 years‘ experience in a similar position with an International NGO.
Job application procedure
Interested and qualiﬁed candidates should fill in the Job Application Form and attach their cover and updated CV(Resume with three referees (including email addresses and day telephone contacts), not later than 7th January 2019 using the following link: http://126.96.36.199/fhrwandajobs
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next stage of recruitment.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to show originals and provide notarized copies of degree, diploma or certiﬁcates. They will also provide copies of testimonials of rendered services from former employers
- if any issues are experienced please contact us separately at email@example.com
Done at Kigali, 17 December 2018
FH Association Rwanda Management