Jobs at:Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA)
Deadline of this Job:
03 March 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
In an experiential learning environment, students will develop the knowledge and experience necessary for a wide range of careers in agriculture. Students at RICA will gain experience in the six Enterprises that include, Dairy, Poultry and Swine, Row and Forage Crops, Vegetable and Fruit Crops, Irrigation and Mechanization, and Agroprocessing. All RICA graduates will be innovative problem solvers able to operate farms and ranches, start agribusinesses, assume management roles in cooperatives, NGOs, and other agricultural enterprises, serve their communities as extension agents and technical and policy experts, or take on positions of agricultural leadership in Rwanda.The Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA) is a unique and innovative English language institution dedicated to preparing the next generation of agricultural leaders of Rwanda and East Africa. Students at RICA will engage in curricular and co-curricular learning opportunities emphasizing practical hands-on skills, Conservation Agriculture and One Health principles, oral and written communication, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
We are seeking a Finance Coordinator to support the Deputy Vice Chancellor of Operations and Finance Department with the financial management of the organization. They will be responsible for managing the operational and financial administration with the support of the Finance Manager and ensuring all departments strictly follow RICA’s financial controls. The position is full-time for a period of one year renewable.
• Manage the Finance function.
• Work with the Deputy Vice Chancellor of Operations and Finance on the financial planning, monitoring, reporting and the development of policies, systems and processes across the organization.
• Work with the Deputy Vice Chancellor of Operations and Finance to produce the annual budget for approval by the Vice Chancellor and the ExCom.
• Ensure strict compliance to financial policies and procedures,
• Train and support relevant staff in appropriate financial policies and procedures;
• Improve and progress financial processes, controls to progress the overall financial reporting environment.
• Reporting and accounting to meet legal requirements including taxation, annual report and accounts and liaising with auditor and managing the audit process.
• Maintaining the organization’s accounting platform, including maintaining the sales and purchase ledgers, entering cash transactions, entering month end and year end journals, maintaining customer and supplier records, maintaining all necessary reconciliations and ensuring that unusual items and variances are investigated.
• Preparing accurate and timely financial information and monitoring of monthly results and reports, including comparison against budget and prior months, to provide accurate information on financial performance for the DVC-OF and the Vice-Chancellors to enable effective strategic decision making.
• Working with the bookkeeper to complete the reconciliation of the organization’s bank accounts
• Ensuring appropriate authorization, timing and dispatch of payments (electronic and cheque).
• Filing of all accounting documentation to create audit trail.
• Able to work under minimal supervision, make decisions, and have good judgment.
• Able to handle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize based on departmental functionality.
• Detail-oriented with the ability to organize.
• Able to work in a complex, heavy volume and high-pressure environment.
• A team-player of unimpeachable character.
• Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications;
• Familiar with accounting software, Quickbooks preferred.
• At least five (5) years relevant work experience in Finance, Accounting or other related experience.
• Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in accounting or related field.
• Excellent English and Kinyarwanda comprehension and communication skills, both written and verbal; addition of French would be an advantage.
• Proficient with Accounting applications and the Microsoft Office 365 environment as a whole preferred
• Professional certification preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Fill the information required, upload and submit the documents in English to the link provided below. Please combine your resume/CV with your degree certificate as one PDF file before you upload. Cover Letter summarizing intent and suitability for the position. A resume or CV. Official degree certificate for highest degree obtained. Summary of the applicant’s teaching experiences (500 words max). The applicant’s philosophy of education and how this aligns with the mission of RICA (500 words max). List of recommenders with contact information. Application Link https://rica.bamboohr.com/jobs/ Application review will begin March 8th, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled. Website: https://www.rica.rw/
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.