Deadline of this Job:
22nd March 2019
Date Posted: 18th March 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full_Time , Currency: RWF , Value: 500000 , Minimum: 350000 , Maximum: 1500000 , Period: MONTH
CARE is seeking a Sub Regional Finance Director who will be responsible for ensuring that CARE’s Great Lakes (in Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda and Uganda) programs contributes to CARE’s Vision of “a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been eliminated and people live with dignity and security”. The Sub Regional Finance Director is expected to provide oversight of the day-to-day financial operations at the respective countries offices (COs) level and is accountable for organizing and providing high level quality financial services to individual COs programs, projects and units staff. S/He works closely with the Shared Services Center (SSC) and Regional Management Unit (RMU) and COs senior management to ensure appropriate financial support and assist in the mobilization of resources. S/He ensures a partnership is developed and nurtured between Finance, Program and other program support units in the COs; assist the Country Directors (CDs) and other senior staff in the development of project proposals and CO staff development plans and the review of contracts and other financial commitments.
The Sub Regional Finance Director will play a crucial coordination and management role in ensuring the financial systems are functioning properly in the COs and are being effectively used by CO staff. S/He will provide day-to-day oversight of CO financial operations and ensures that process flows and controls over financial and accounting functions are adequate; ensure all data are processed in the system timely and accurately and reported to donors, management and other partners in a timely manner; perform quality reviews and analyses of COs books as well as any financial performance reports and provide feedback to COs management to improve financial management; assist the CDs in preparing COs responses to audit findings as well as planning and implementing audit recommendations.
Reporting to the Managing Deputy Regional Director (MDRD) for Great Lakes, the Sub Regional Finance Director will be responsible for finance staff and talent management and development as well capacity building in financial management for finance and non-finance staff in the respective country offices. S\He will identify gaps in skills, develop training materials and provide training in accounting and financial management as needed; participate in the elaboration and lead the implementation of the COs Annual Performance Assessment policy and processes to include the preparation and monitoring of Individual Operating Plan (IOPs) for finance staff; lead the recruitment of COs finance staff in close coordination with the respective Country Directors; ensure the period closing processes defined for Business Units (BUs) are performed timely and adequately..
• Ensure workflows are developed and implemented adequately in the COs system
• Determine COs short and long terms cash needs and coordinates cash requests and approvals, including the submission of cash flow projections
• Ensure journal entries are processed timely and accurately, cash receipts are recorded properly, and all modules are used by COs staff adequately.
• Accountable for the preparation and submission of complete, reliable and timely financial reports to COs managers and donors, local entities and other partners as relevant
• Assess training and development needs of finance and non-finance staff within the COs
• Ensure succession plans are developed and implemented for finance staff in a way that assures COs staffs receive high quality support services at all time
• Accountable for the overall quality of the COs financial reports and communications of issues to COs management, Regional Management Unit (RMU) and SSC.
• Ensure COs compliance with CARE’s accounting policy and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Ensure COs preparedness for annual financial and donor audits
• Facilitate internal and external audits conducted in the Cos
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management or equivalent; Master’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting is an added advantage
• At least five (5) years senior level experience in accounting systems and understanding of financial accounting, reporting, grants and contract management processes with an international organization
• Facilitation skills in conducting training sessions for small, medium and large sized groups
• Solid analytical skills, problem solving and experience with major donor audits (e.g USAID, EU, etc.)
• Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards
• Good leadership, coaching and negotiation skills
• Ability to work on teams, work at detailed level and understand the larger picture
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
• Proficiency in using financial software applications
• Ability to work with people of various cultures
• Excellent oral and written English skills
• Working knowledge of French
Job application procedure
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.