Finance & Logistics Manager
Jobs at:Women for Women International (WfWI) Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
12th May 2019
Date Posted: 4th May 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance & Logistics Manager based in Kigali, Rwanda
WfWI – Rwanda seeks a dynamic and experienced candidate for the position of Finance & Logistics Manager. The Finance & Logistics Manager is the top financial and logistics position in the Rwanda office, is a member of the Country Office Senior Management Team (SMT) and oversee the Logistics Unit. She/he is responsible for ensuring that all finance and logistics policies and procedures are in place and correctly implemented. The position works closely with HQ finance and program teams and is responsible for communicating to HQ finance, Country Office Accounting all financial and compliance matters. The Finance & Logistics Manager position requires a broad skill set including the ability to work strategically with senior management, review financial statements, make QuickBooks entries, and facilitate other financial and logistical transactions. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Accounting, Financial Management & Reporting:
• Responsible for timely and accurate submission of monthly financial reporting package to HQ, including standard financial statements and accompanying schedules and grant level reporting. Implement, monitor, and evaluate internal controls and compliance procedures.
• Carry out primary communication to HQ and Country Director about finance and logistical issues.
• Assist Country Director with budget preparation, analysis, and forecasting; and ensure program budget and budget projections are timely and accurately reflected in the institutional system.
• Prepare donor grant financial reports as required.
• Provide HQ and SMT with timely and accurate Budget vs. Actual analysis reports, including explanations of variances.
• Train staff on financial management policies and procedures and budget coding guidelines for new grants and projects for use on timesheets and coding of payment vouchers.
• Manage cash flow, including timely fund requests to HQ. Oversee the management of the country office petty cash fund and bank accounts, including monthly reconciliation.
• Ensure timely and correct submission of all sub-grantee financial reports in accordance with sub-grant agreements and review reports and supporting documentation for reasonableness.
• Ensure that the Annual Audit is carried out in a timely manner as required by the organization.
• Maintain and monitor an effective Country Office filing system including but not limited to: bank documents, withdrawal slips, transfer records, bank statements, invoices, timesheets, and payroll records.
• Work closely with the HR & Administration Manager and Logistics Officer to ensure effective management of all country office service contracts and timely execution of all approved payments to vendors /contractors for goods and services received.
• Ensure that the internal control procedures and donors regulations are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate backup for US A-133 compliance.
• The F&LM will have access to sensitive and confidential information and is expected to act with the utmost discretion and integrity.
• Work closely with the HR & Administration Manager to ensure that Country Office payroll is done in compliance with national tax and labor regulations.
• Work closely with HR & Administration Manager to ensure country office staff monthly time reporting is done accurately, submitted and filed in time for payroll processing.
• Ensure that monthly payroll allocation entries are properly calculated, coded, and entered appropriately into the accounting system, including review and approval of timesheets by individual supervisors of allocations to specific grants and projects.
• The Finance & Logistics Manager directly supervises the Logistics Officer and oversee the effective management of all country office Fleet and Assets.
• Ensure compliance with WfWI Field Operations Manual (FOM), and other logistics policies and procedures, and suggest revisions as and when necessary.
• Oversee maintenance of an accurate and up to date asset register and depreciation schedule for all fixed assets, and that controls are in place to safeguard assets and physical inventory verification at least annually.
• Oversee effective management of non-service contracts and timely execution of all approved payments to vendors /contractors for goods and services received.
• Participate in policy-setting discussions with the Senior Management Team and HQ and communicate policies to local staff.
• Make recommendations for enhancements to policies and procedures to create operational efficiencies and represent the office during global finance meetings and cross-functional policy development working groups.
• Participate in strategy development and annual operational planning and budgeting of the country office.
• Performance manages direct reports in line with Women for Women International’s performance management framework, including the setting of annual performance objectives, development plans, performance appraisal and regular 1:1 meeting regarding progress throughout the year.
• Provide coaching, mentoring and on-the-job training to subordinates.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Master’s degree and other Post-graduate qualification in finance, accounting or business management (will consider the experience in lieu of the advanced Master’s degree; however, a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required);
• CPA, ACCA or equivalent designation is preferred;
• At least seven (7) years work experience in Accounting or Finance position with full accounting and budgeting responsibilities preferably within the INGO environment, including at least three (3) years in a management role;
• Excellent computer skills including spreadsheet, database, word processing, presentation, and email along with data entry experience; proficiency in QuickBooks Pro accounting software;
• Demonstrated experience supervising subordinates is required;
• Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion is required;
• Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and to take initiative;
• Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: seven (7) years
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
All interested candidates must submit an updated CV, cover letter and three professional references by completing very carefully the following application form http://surveys.jobinrwanda.com/index.php?sid=23365&lang=en
The Application deadline is May 12, 2019.
Only short-listed applicants will be invited to interview. No telephone inquiries, please.