Finance Manager to USAID Transforming Rwanda Medical Supply Project
Jobs at:Rwanda Medical Supply Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
10 December 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SCOPE OF WORK
Rwanda Medical Supply Ltd seeks to recruit a Finance Manager for USAID Transforming Rwanda Medical Supply (TRMS) Project.
Rwanda Medical Supply Ltd is a state owned company created by the Government of Rwanda with a mandate of managing the end-to-end health supply chain for Rwanda.
The vision of RMS Ltd is to ensure quality and timely availability of all health commodities to the public through a cost-efficient, sustainable, and effective supply chain. Drugs will be available throughout the country through an economical and financially sustainable supply chain that can meet current and future needs and manage increasing complexity.
The U.S. Agency for International Development (“USAID”) in partnership with Rwanda Medical Supply looks to procure and provide health commodities for USAID/Rwanda’s health program, including but not limited to HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Family Planning, and Maternal & Child Health through TRMS (Transforming the Rwanda Medical Supply Chain) Project. The aim of TRMS is to address operational inefficiencies in Rwanda’s supply chain system such as lengthy procurement processes, poor inventory management, and high end user mark-up.
RMS Ltd seeks to recruit a qualified candidate for the position of; Finance Manager for the USAID Transforming Rwanda Medical Supply Chain (TRMS) project.
The Finance Manager will work closely with the TRMS Project Director as well as RMS management to ensure success of the project implementation. Finance Manager will be responsible for all budgeting, financial, and administrative management aspects of the project. He will serve as the main point of contact for financial management issues related to the project.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the Project Director with financial oversight of all contract activities
• Ensure compliance with all financial legislation, regulations and guidelines and document, implement and operate financial controls.
• Review and approve all contract related payment vouchers
• Ensure accurate recording of expenditures per RMS finance accounting procedures.
• Produce and/or oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and reports.
• Provide documentation for auditors, develop plans with RMS in accordance with audit recommendations.
• Prepare and coordinate annual budget preparations for the board approval and monitor budget execution and report on any significant trends/variance.
• Propose modifications in processes and procedures to RMS Board and CEO, as needed, including but not limited to expenditure planning and cash flow management best practices.
• Provide training and capacity building to RMS personnel in financial management and internal controls.
• To report directly to the RMS Ltd CFO.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Master’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, business administration, and a professional accounting certification (CPA, ACCA, or any other accounting professional qualification.) OR Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, business administration with a professional accounting certification (CPA, ACCA or any other accounting professional qualification and years of work experience beyond the seven required (above may be substituted for a master degree.)
• Minimum seven years of progressively responsible experience in finance, budgeting, auditing, and/or other experience managing the finances of US Government funded programs with multi-country field offices.
• Extensive experience in use of automated accounting systems and computer software is required.
• Experience interacting with senior U.S. officials and ability to develop and maintain contacts with high level GOR officials in both technical ministries and the Ministry of Finance.
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of professional accounting principles, theories, practices, and terminology as well as the principles and accepted practices of governmental and business financial accounting, budgeting, and reporting is required.
• Specialized training and skills on project funds management, project cash flows, and accrual accounting systems, ability to manage and update accounting system of the project in line with the USG’s funding systems, practical experiences in financial or accounting services for U.S. government-funded programs (preferred), and ability to provide analytical skills in pipeline and outlays of project funds in an organized manner.
• Experience recruiting, forming, and successfully managing teams, and ensuring the quality of their products.
• Ability to make independent judgement and detect financial strengths and weakness of projects.
• Ability to gather and analyze information in order to make appropriate decisions
• Excellent written and spoken English skills
• Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel. PowerPoint, knowledge of appropriate methods for data analysis, and reporting
Level of Effort and Location:
This is a contract based position and will be based in Kigali, Rwanda, with intermittent travel throughout the country.
• Competitive salary package
• Health Insurance
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested persons should send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, include; “Transform Rwanda Medical Supply Chain (TRMS) Finance Manager” in the subject heading of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
As applications are submitted, shortlisting will be on rolling basis up to when we get the right candidate.
The deadline: 10th December 2021.
PDF icon TRMS FINANCE MANAGER8fbcb7c796a7f90e6f670f29ccac76d0.PDF
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.