Finance Officer, Temporary
Jobs at:Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)
Deadline of this Job:
24 April 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance Officer, Temporary
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Duration: Temporary Role 6 Months
Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
Under its 5-year strategy, AGRA looks to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. Under this strategy, AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at the farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems, and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at the national level.
To support the successful delivery from a country perspective, AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the role of Finance Officer.
The role will be based in Kigali, Rwanda. .
Reporting to the Rwanda country Manager, s/he will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the finance administration functions for Rwanda operations. On financial functions, she/he will be responsible for coordinating and supporting the development and monitoring of budgets and forecasts, liaising with the finance unit at the regional level and headquarter level to support timely processing of financial transactions, maintaining a healthy balance sheet, providing audit support and aligning of processes and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain financial analysis and reporting activities for Rwanda operations.
• Prepare financial reports and account reconciliation reports according to company policies on a periodic basis.
• Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies, and other financial-related issues for Rwanda.
• Support the annual financial audit processes through the preparation of standard reports as well as other custom reports as requested within the legal and regulatory requirements.
• Initiate and manage country budgets and forecasts.
• Create finance journal entries as required for Rwanda operations.
• Lead in the management of account payables and receivables activities for Rwanda operations.
• Collaborate with the finance and HR teams in preparation of financial reports and statements for Rwanda operations.
• Align and reconcile country and region’s monthly general ledger balance, invoices, and credit card statements.
• Set guidelines to ensure maintenance of the general and subsidiary ledgers.
• Plans and prepares tax documents for timely filing of tax returns
• Organize and maintain all Rwanda financial records and files as per the AGRA policies
• Organize the administration processes for all payroll activities as well as oversee vendor payments for Rwanda Operations.
• Plan for all bill payments and any invoicing as per the deadlines.
• Set ways to streamline/improve the processes and procedures for operational efficiency of finance reporting and budgeting systems within Rwanda.
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience in accounting, finance, or financial monitoring.
• A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent work experience.
• An MBA in any relevant field a strong added advantage.
• Accounting certification.
• Strong analytical, data mining ability.
• Understanding of auditing techniques to help ensure countries and regions' financial operations remain in compliance.
• Computer proficiency in spreadsheets, presentations, and reporting software.
• Ability to work independently in a diverse environment
• Experience in working with similar organizations or institutions will be an added advantage.
• Thoroughly familiar with and experience in working with financial regulations and reporting standards and requirements.
• Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
• Strong ability to influence positively both upwards and downwards.
• Proven leadership ability to develop and empower employees to achieve their best with a team approach.
• Deep understanding of the financial environment within which AGRA is operating.
• Highly organized, results and detail orientated with a very hands-on approach.
• Excellent leadership, organizational, and problem-solving/decision-making ability.
• Intelligent, motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic.
• Knowledge of global, country/government accounting standards.
• An attractive remuneration package commensurate with this position’s responsibility will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail address and telephone contacts to email@example.com noting to quote the job reference number in the subject of your email)
To be considered, applications must be received on or before 24th April 2021.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.