Financial Institutions (FI) Relations Officer
Jobs at:Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD)
Deadline of this Job:
17 March 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Financial Institutions (FI) Relations Officer
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
To achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) has outlined 3 key strategic themes.
• Operational Excellence: Continuous improvement of our credit and risk management system, financial performance and customer services.
• Strategic Partnerships: Forming strategic partnerships to deliver our mandate is a key component of our core activities.
• Dynamic Culture: Continuously improving our pool of knowledge to have the most competent and skilled employees.
BRD is committed to respecting gender equality and disability norms. We promote gender responsive practices. Qualified candidates particularly females and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, the Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitable qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
Job Title: Financial Institutions (FI) Relations Officer Job Level: JG6
Department: Strategy, Resource Mobilization, M&E and Research
Reports to: Manager, Fund Mobilization & Financial Institutions
Direct Reports: N/A Indirect Reports: N/A
Contract terms: Open ended contract
Purpose of the Job:
Financial Institutions Relations Officer Job is primarily to communicate (both verbal and written) all matters related to the Lenders that bridge the gap between them and the management especially on information related to strategy, business plan, budget, annual results, covenants etc.
Main Responsibilities of the Job:
Duties and responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
• Building, developing and managing relationships with lenders, and ensuring leverage on their existing products to access major new projects
• Increasing involvement of existing and new partners in the funding of Bank’s projects/initiatives
• Develop extensive networks of contacts that will allow you to identify new commercial opportunities as soon as they arise;
• Manage key relationships through regular contacts and visits by ensuring the effective call program is maintained on all assigned and prospect partners;
• Monitor agreements, covenants and renewals with lenders;
• Prepare regular progress reports to key stakeholders/lenders on the implementation of funded projects, in consultation with the Investment Team and the Monitoring & Evaluation Unit.
• Draft correspondence as necessary to key partners/stakeholders;
• Track and be well-informed about program activities, information and statistics of the bank in order to communicate appropriately with partners;
• Help prepare the company's Annual Report.
• Perform other duties as and when required.
• Portfolio growth (Qualitative & Quantitative)
• Compliance with the performance management policies and procedures
• Timeliness on assigned tasks & Timely update and reporting
• Quality of service provided against the set standards
• Feedback from partners on the quality of service provided
• External Partners/Lenders/Stakeholders
• Head, Strategy & Resource Mobilization
• Resource Mobilization Manager
• Staff within the Strategy & Resource Mobilization Department
• Heads of departments
• All staff
Professional, academic qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in economics, Finance, or related field. MBA preferred.
• A minimum of three (3) years of relevant FI experience;
• Should have a good understanding of Finance/Treasury /FI products;
• Knowledge of the banking sector, the Financial Sector environment, and regional and international market dynamics
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; ability to speak and write both English & French is preferred
• Excellent communication skills.
Competencies shall include but not limited to:
• Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Good people management skills
• Excellent planning skills.
• Demonstrated team leadership and high organizational skills;
• Excellent analytical skills;
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidate should apply online (https://www.brd.rw/careers/ ) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (as one document) as well as their emails and telephone. Only online applications shall be considered. Email only for inquiries (not application): email@example.com Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital and Corporate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda. Deadline for application: Tuesday 17th March 2022 The employment package is highly competitive/attractive. Due to expected high volume of applications, ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Done in Kigali, March 1st , 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.