Financial Reporting Accountant
Deadline of this Job:
27th March 2019
Date Posted: 22nd March 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full_Time , Currency: RWF , Value: 937500 , Minimum: 656000 , Maximum: 2812000 , Period: MONTH
JOB DETAILS: a) Key duties and responsibilities • Provide Accounting support to different departments, ensuring that appropriate reporting and control procedures are implemented and adhered to, monthly results are prepared, reviewed and submitted in line with required timescales, and a suitable package of management information is developed.
CIMERWA Ltd is Rwanda’s largest cement manufacturer with a capacity of 600,000tons of cement per year with PPC Ltd having 51% shareholding. The company operates a dry process technology Plant in Muganza Sector, Rusizi District in Western Province. As part of its localization and optimization plans the Company is recruiting professionals to fully optimize its production capacity and hence cater for the country’s growing demand for cement and that of the region.
CIMERWA Ltd is looking for an experienced professional to fill the following vacancy Financial Reporting Accountant (1)..
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Financial Reporting Accountant will be in charge of the following responsibilities;
• Perform a key role in the monthly financial result production process for the business within the prescribed month end deadlines. This involves calculating and posting many of the required month end adjustments for review by the Senior Accountant. The process requires liaison with areas sourcing data and also the users of our outputs, both internal and external.
• Assist with the production of the regulatory reporting returns, including those required under the supervision of the Finance Manager.
• Provide assistance when necessary to the performance of tasks falling within the responsibility of the wider Financial Reporting team
• Assist as required with financial reporting related project work. This may include re-engineering existing or developing new processes as a result of a new product or customer, new regulatory requirements or to improve efficiency. Utilize this knowledge to proactively identify opportunities for further process improvements.
• Assist in production of the Annual Report and Half-year Report under IFRS
• Assist in production of group financial statements ;
• Assist in production of interim management statements;
Skills and competences required
• Effective communication skills
• Personal drive and effectiveness
• Ability to consistently deliver quality and value; and
• Strong work process orientation
Education and experience requirements
• At least a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
• Professional certification such as ACCA or CPA
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills such as V Look-ups, Pivot Tables etc.
• Good knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs)
• At least three years’ work experience in financial reporting function
a) Key duties and responsibilities
• Provide Accounting support to different departments, ensuring that appropriate reporting and control procedures are implemented and adhered to, monthly results are prepared, reviewed and submitted in line with required timescales, and a suitable package of management information is developed.
Job application procedure
Candidates interested in the above vacant role are required to submit their application form together with copies of the degrees certificates, detailed curriculum vitae and any other relevant certificates should be submitted at CIMERWA Ltd head office at BUGARAMA, RUSIZI District, and Western Province or at its liaison office at KIMIHURURA, City of Kigali and/or at Email: email@example.com not later than Wednesday 27th March 2019
Done at MUGANZA, on 20th March 2019.
Bhekizitha Wiseman Mthembu
Chief Executive Officer