Global Finance Controller
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
18 June 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
NOTE: All applications will only be received through this link. PLEASE APPLY HERE: https://grnh.se/1e325dcc1
Reporting to the CFO, the Global Finance Controller will manage the financial information at One Acre Fund that inspires internal decision-making and gives external partners the comfort to continue supporting us to achieve our goals and vision.
You will lead a team of 35+ to manage the finance data from initiation of transactions, through review all the way to final reporting. The functional responsibilities of your team include accounting, reporting, compliance, disbursements/AP, cash management, and systems improvement.
You will ensure that One Acre Fund has the systems in place to support program scale and coordinate audits in all 10+ countries of operation. You will work with the CFO to harmonize financial operations, develop financial strategies, monitor all financial activities, ensure compliance with finance and tax regulations, and maintain good relationships with external service providers. .
You will oversee:
• Directly manage the leads of reporting, compliance, and operations
• Systematize performance monitoring through indicators to shape a result-oriented team
• Provide leadership in enhancing the customer service centrist approach to the team’s work
• Recruit and develop an excellent finance team
Operations, Reporting & Compliance
• Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
• Prepare and provide periodic financial performance reports
• Oversee all external audits as needed by donors and for national regulators
• Ensure that all of our financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation
• Use tech tools and data to increase the value-added by finance
• Identify, champion and implement improvements that strengthen the ICOFR
Job Skills: Not Specified
We are looking for passionate finance professionals who combine leading with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
• Over ten years of experience in a senior management role with both external audit and in-house financial management (large multinational experience a plus)
• People management skills with the ability to engage direct and indirect reports and peers
• Experience monitoring and improving control policies to ensure compliance
• Combine the ability to participate in and shape strategic discussions with a willingness to zoom-in to the detail and troubleshoot underlying root causes
• Business/Accounting Degree or CPA (or equivalent) mandatory, master’s or certification in related field a plus
• Excellent written and spoken English
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates: Yes; African nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Education Requirements: Business/Accounting Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 10 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from a @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here firstname.lastname@example.org, but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity, or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.