Jobs at:Plan International
Deadline of this Job:
22 July 2020
Date Posted: Monday, July 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International Rwanda is implementing different Sponsorship and donor (institutions, corporate & foundations) funded projects in different parts of the country. The Grants Accountant will be responsible for maintaining financial, accounting and grant support services in order to meet the needs of the organization and the respective donors. This position is responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, providing financial reporting and analysis of budget and expenses. This position is also responsible for the operations of post-award grant administration (partner financial management) and related accounting duties. Working closely with the Programme teams, Programme Units, Grants and finance team, the Grants Accountant will focus heavily on financial management, budgeting, compliance, and reporting and variance analysis functions.
The post holder will be based in the Country Office and will report to the Senior Grant Accountant. S/he will uphold Plan's Core Values, promote our mission and vision, programme principles (transparency, gender equality and diversity) to enhance programme impact, and be committed to child protection and respect for human rights. Accountabilities .
• Perform grant-related post-award functions, including budget and expense analysis, periodic invoicing, financial reporting, personnel costs distribution changes, reconciliations, re-budgeting and grant closeout functions.
• Prepare and submit a realistic program support budget for the grants project under the role, and support the program teams to prepare the projects budgets for the financial year.
• Support the Finance Manager /Senior Grant Accountant/Project Manager in the consolidation of the Plan budgets for the financial year.
• Review all financial commitments, payments and transactions processed in the Finance System to ensure that they are accurate and comply with Plan procedures and donor requirements
• Prepare, reconcile and remit monthly VAT and Withholding tax returns on a timely basis.
• Work with Program Managers/Project Manager, Grants and Partnerships Coordinator and appropriate Country Office staff in the development of forecast and budget revisions for projects
• Together with the respective Project Managers, prepare accurate financial reports on timely a basis
• Prepare monthly budget versus actual report, in donor currency, for assigned projects and highlight variances to respective budget holders and advise on corrective actions that are necessary.
• Post all journals for all grant funded projects in the Finance System.
• Prepare balance sheets accounts reconciliations and ensure timely resolution of reconciling items.
• Perform monthly review of vendor aging and GR-IR accounts to ensure that all vendors and invoices are settled on timely basis.
• Identify NRGRANTs and Dummies arising from posting errors in the Finance System and correct them before the close of each month.
• Prepare accurate Monthly, quarterly and year-end reports and submit them on a timely basis.
• Maintain accurate timesheet for all grants programs as per the donor requirements
• Ensure that all assigned grants and sponsorship funded projects are charged with correct fair share and apportioned costs.
• Ensure that all advances are accurately processed, effectively followed-up and liquidations are reviewed and processed in Finance System on timely basis.
• Train project staff on Plan policies and procedures, Finance System, and financial accounting to CBOs and Partners to ensure compliance and improvement of their capacity.
• Ensure proper co-ordination with Sub-recipients /Sub-grants / local implementing partners and build their capacity where need be in assuring office risk is minimized due to non-compliance with Plan and donor regulations.
• Perform physical verification of all Grants Assets at least once per year to ensure that all assets are accurately recorded.
• Maintain and manage archiving of financial documents to safe guard financial records and audit trails.
• Ensure timely disbursement of funds to sub-recipients/partners, process liquidation of partner advances and reporting of the same
• Support in ensuring accurate monthly payroll preparation and subsequent transfers of salaries staff bank accounts.
• Support in ensuring monthly payroll reconciliation between the Finance System and payroll.
• Support in ensuring that all the payroll deductions are remitted to relevant institutions and related returns are prepared within the stipulated timelines.
• Prepare Grants salaries info that is relevant to Grants projects and ensure cost recoveries are done.
Prepare and process Mobile Money payments to business partners on a regular basis and subsequent posting replenishment and reconciliation of Mobile Money transactions in the Finance System.
Skills specific to the post:
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong facilitation and training skills
• Good administration and effective communication skills Ability to work and interact with others at all levels Strong planning and organizational skills
• Ability to manage and promote high performing teams Use of computer skills
Competencies and values:
• Respect, integrity, diversity, commitment to excellence, adaptability, able to perform under stress, innovation, building relationships, communicating effectively, coaching and mentoring, developing and working in teams, initiating action, planning and organizing.
• Commitment to Plan International’s mission and values.
• Promote and abide by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to: Gender equality
• Mainstreaming, Child Protection Policy; Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities.
Education Qualification, Knowledge and Experience:
• University Degree in Finance/ Accounting or other related field.
• CPA/ACCA Students; Intermediate or Part 2 completed is a must
• Well versed in computerized accounting applications.
• Thorough knowledge of finance processes, systems and principles.
• 3 years of experience working with INGO’s environment and good knowledge of sponsorship/donor programs.
Job Education Requirements: University Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Click here to apply: https://jobs.plan-international.org/job/Kigali-Grant-Accountant1-01/610408401/
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.