Jobs at:World Vision International Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
15 March 2020
Date Posted: Friday, March 06, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of GRANTS ACCOUNTANT The position will be based at Head office, reporting to the Grants Finance Manager.
Purpose of the position: Provide financial management of WVR WASH project by ensuring overall financial management at the project level according to World Vision Field Finance Manual as well as donor requirements .
The major responsibilities include:
• Prepare and monitor project budget, project cash flows, year-to-date spending and funding requests to ensure that projects have adequate budgets to implement related activities throughout the year by ensuring project PBAS updated and inform the project manager on the status of funds commitment.
• Prepare and analyze accounting records, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and compliance with WV, Support Office and donor specific reporting and procedural standards & requirements by ensure project related payments are done on time and transactions are properly recorded and posted in sun system.
• Review the projects related financial transactions to ensure that they fall within the approved scope of project activities and donor requirements and that they comply with the financial procedures and FFM requirements.
• Prepare and analyze monthly and Quarterly project financial report for its accuracy and adequacy, before submitted to SO / donor, in respect to full disclosure and that it presents a true and fair view of the activities of the grant for the respective period
• Facilitate internal and external auditors and provide relevant information as far as audit is concerned and ensure timely implementation of audit recommendations.
• Participate in proposal writing with the view to provide financial advice and develop project lifetime budget in line with WV and Donor budgeting templates and guidelines in case of extension and/or project budget amendment.
• Maintain efficient management of project Assets and conduct a regular inventory to reconcile sun system reports and physical count of assets as per WV’s asset policy and procedures and maintain an updated asset register and ensure proper management of inventory and fuel.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
• A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
• Five years’ experience in the accounting profession with project management.
• Proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and practical knowledge of financial systems and internal controls.
• Proven experience in budget preparation and management.
• Experience in working with auditors both internal and external
• Experience of using Sun system accounting software
• Gateway to grants certified or any other related certification from any bilateral or multilateral donor
• Experience in working with government or multilateral funded projects.
• Good command of Microsoft spreadsheet preferably Microsoft Excel, Vision and Sun system software
• Effective in written and verbal communication in English and Kinyarwanda • Skills and ability to organize and conduct trainings
• Accounting certification including ACCA, CIMA, CPA, CFA, CIA or equivalent,
• Knowledge of local tax law
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.