Jobs at:Bank of Kigali
Deadline of this Job:
15 March 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The bank has embarked on a multi-year transformation project with a roadmap for Technology. The IT department is already working on a strategy based on maturity model. We target an annual improvement for services, discover and enhance based on the model that is best for overall strategy. You will be required to lead and evaluate the IT department’s maturity against the strategy, effectively resulting in positive improvements. You will contribute to development of policies and procedures to guide the activities for IT department and enhance compliance to regulation and standardization of services, with focus on business continuity and resilience. We are growing, we need the Head of Applications to work on Applications enhancement and performance management, build and manage an effective service roadmap which provides multi-year and resilience coverage .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• You are required to keep lights on for the bank. We operate in a 24×7 digital environment, our focus has been to maintain available and performant services.
• The objective requires planning and delivery for Applications, Software, Licenses and Security. This will require Software Acquisition and Licensing management as well.
• Your primary responsibility will be Core Banking Ecosystem which is composed of the Core Banking Application, Data Management Practice, Integrations, API’s and application ecosystems.
• This requires you to manage the data management practice and support individuals and teams that are specialized in business analysis.
• You will be required to develop cadence for software release and patching, maintenance of services, software infrastructure and work with datacenter managers for capacity planning and minimal disruption to business. You will be required to maintain adherence to the Information Security policies and procedures to enhance integrity and security of systems and data. You will coordinate all technology Audits and Monitor compliance with the IT policies and procedures to ensure gaps are identified and addressed in a timely manner;
• You will manage relationships with vendors to ensure they comply with the Service Level Agreement and provide quality and timely service, Coordinate for Applications and Infrastructure services across the bank to ensure Customers are provided quality services. User experience and feedback for applications will be one of the primary metrics for measuring performance. Our key strategic focus is on resilience. You will be required to Develop and Implement effective Disaster Recovery Plans and ensure alignment with overall Business Continuity Management strategy.
• Changes and incidents are an integral part of service improvement and operations management. You will be required to manage these critical areas of authorizing changes and managing incident recovery process.
• Risk management is a continuous ask for the role
• IT security
• IT risk management
• Project management
• Change management
• Data management
• Leadership skills
• Stakeholder management
• Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Innovation ability
• Budgeting Knowledge
• Banking operations
• Communication skills
• Database administration skills
• Project Management Certification or Agile Scrum Master Certification will be an added advantage
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, computer engineering, information systems or any other relevant degree. .
• A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Leading an IT department or organization similar and complex, four (4) of which must be at a senior management level;
• A demonstrated ability to lead a large and complex technology team with 24×7
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.