Head of Internal Audit
Jobs at:Development Bank of Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
4th December 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
In order to achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) has outlined 3 key strategic themes;
• Operational Excellence: Continuous improvement of our credit and risk management system, financial performance and customer services.
• Strategic Partnerships: Forming strategic partnerships to deliver our mandate is a key component of our core activities.
• Dynamic Culture: Continuously improving our pool of knowledge to have the most competent and skilled employees.
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, the Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitable qualified staff to fill the following position:
1. Head of Internal Audit
Job Grade 3 .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Direct, guide and oversee the development of the annual audit plan in order to ensure adequate coverage of strategic and operational business risks consistent with the organizational goals and objectives.
• Provide direction to the Internal Audit team to ensure adequate coverage against the plan, to ensure efficient and effective utilization of departmental resources. Guide the internal audit staff in conducting interviews, reviewing documents, developing and administering surveys, composing summary memos, and preparing working papers which provide credible evidence of work done and ensure that reviews are executed in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and any other applicable laws of Rwanda.
• Direct the overall performance of audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, and reviewing and analyzing evidence to generate audit reports that add value to bank’s business operations.
• Direct and manage audit staff in the planning, organizing, directing and monitoring of internal audit operations, including assisting in hiring, training and evaluating staff.
• Champion the development of quarterly holistic internal audit reports to management with observations, risk implications and recommendations on the extent and nature of the effectiveness and adequacy of risk management, control mechanisms, and governance processes and.
• Spearhead the liaison of the internal unit with the external auditors to enhance the level, efficiency and effectiveness of their service delivery.
• Successful completion of the CISA will be an added advantage
• Knowledge of computerized accounting and auditing is essential, as well as ability to use the Microsoft packages.
• Knowledge of contemporary professional developments, and ability to apply them to provide strategic direction and vision to the function.
• Excellent conceptual, analytical and communication abilities. Ability to quickly synthesize vast amounts of information into coherent and communicable data is critical and highly required.
• Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality and act as a business consultant to operational and executive management coupled with high level of integrity, objectivity and should be result oriented.
• Ability to provide ongoing training, coaching and supervision to internal audit staff.
• Ability to work independently with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgment coupled with absolute team spirit.
• A degree from accredited university preferably in Commerce, Economics, Banking, Finance or Business Administration.
• Professional certification such as CIA, ACCA or CPA or equivalent is essential.
• Master’s degree in any of the above or related field will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 6 years relevant work experience including at least 3 years of recent internal audit experience at a senior management level reporting to an Audit Committee or Board of Directors gained preferably in a financial services institution or an accredited audit or consulting practice;
Job Education Requirements: Master’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: 6 years
Job application procedure
Interested candidate should apply online https://www.brd.rw/careers and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, past and current service/employment certificates (unproven experience will not be considered during the shortlisting), motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors as well as their emails and telephone. Only online applications shall be considered.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for only inquiries
Address all applications to the Chief Human Capital and Administrative Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: Friday, December 04, 2019, 05:00 pm.
Details of the job descriptions are posted on BRD website: www.brd.rw
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and contacted for interviews, only successful candidates at every selection stage will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.