Information, Communications, and Technology (ICT) Manager
Jobs at:Catholic Relief Service (CRS)
Deadline of this Job:
06 May 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Information, Communications, and Technology (ICT) Manager
Reports To: Operations Manager
Country/Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Salary Grade: 9
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
• You will ensure the overall strategic coordination, day-to-day management, and key technical oversight of the Country Program’s (CP’s) ICT and ICT4D (ICT) functions in coordination with the Regional Information, Communications and Technology Systems Manager (RIM) to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable.
• You will analyze and anticipate operational and programmatic ICT needs and challenges and will introduce cost-effective technology improvement solutions in accordance with established policies, procedures, and service standards for optimal performance, integrity, security, and strategic alignment of systems. .
Roles and Key Responsibilities
• Plan, design, direct, and coordinate the installation, configuration, maintenance, availability and security of the CP’s office ICT environment, including the delivery network and ICT infrastructure; manage crisis situations to ensure ongoing ICT enablement of agency business.
• Evaluate user needs and system functionality and ensure that ICT facilities and user devices meet these needs as well as Agency standards. Ensure timely and quality service delivery, technical support, and advice to user requests.
• Partner with program staff to prioritize and support integration and evolution of ICT solutions in improving program implementation.
• Manage relationships with suppliers, conduct supplier analysis, and assess effectiveness to ensure third-party services meet CRS business requirements and needs.
• Collaborate with Procurement team to ensure ICT purchases are in line with CRS standards and in compliance with donor requirements.
• Provide strategic guidance and input to budget development with regard to ICT-related expenses.
• Assess and analyze staff ICT training needs. Provide capacity building (training, coaching, on-the-job support, etc.), remotely or on-site, to staff and partners in ICT-related areas to ensure efficient and consistent adoption and use of ICT applications.
• Monitor ICT systems operations in terms of functionality, security and service delivery and provide statistical and analytical reports on ICT-related data, metrics, and trends. Collaborate with relevant staff to ensure inventory of ICT equipment, hardware, and software is maintained. Monitor functionality, anticipate supply needs and alert managers.
• Master’s degree in IT-related field (Computer Science, Computer Networking, Programming, and Information Systems) required. Equivalent combination of relevant experience and bachelor’s degree and/or training/certification may substitute for advanced education.
• Examples of Certification requirements include Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert or equivalent, Cisco Certified Network Associate or equivalent, Microsoft SharePoint Foundations or equivalent and ITIL Foundation Certified.
• Project Management certification preferred.
• Minimum of five years of progressively responsible related professional experience.
• Experience in introduction, design, implementation, and adoption of relevant technology and data management tools.
• Required Languages - Full working proficiency in English, French and Kinyarwanda is required.
• Travel - Ability to travel up to 10 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong relationship management skills. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally with a strong client-service focus.
• Very strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical manner.
• Strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture, make sound decisions, and offer non-standard solutions.
• Strong organization, planning, review, and monitoring skills.
• Able to maintain confidential information.
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
• Demonstrated proficiency in management of network/server software and hardware devices and platforms.
• Expert grasp of evolving communication and data network/server technologies and tools, as well as backup and disaster recovery systems.
• Experience with ITSM and systems management tools preferred.
• Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
• These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation
• Builds Relationships
• Develops Talent
• Strategic Mindset
• Accountability & Stewardship
• Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: All CRS Staff
External: Suppliers, RURA
Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Electronic applications-Only a motivation letter and a current detailed CV should be addressed to the CRS Country Representative exclusively at RW_HR@crs.org not later than Thursday/ May 6, 2021 at 5:00pm.
Please, include below statement in your motivation letter:
“By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics”
Include also your full names and title “ICT Manager” in the subject line. Due to anticipated high interest in this post and the expected number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.