Jobs at:Ministry Of Local Government
Deadline of this Job:
11th June 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 05, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ministry Of Local Government. .
To be in charge of the whole system of control established by the Government :
• Run the business of the Ministry in an ordinary manner,
• Safe guard the assets of the Ministry
• Maintain records of financial matters and liability of records for appropriate decision making Ensure controls regarding:
• Plans and programs as well as its organisational structure
• Conduct physical and personnel controls (procedures concerning human resources management, assets controls......)
• Conduct accounting control ( verify the regular updating of the accountancy books at different level of the administration; verify the regular updating of the accountancy books ; verify the compliance, the legality and accuracy of all debts documents; verify that the account operations correspond to assets movement and are cross checked at reasonable intervals, and that theses assets exist
• Verify the supervisory and control managerial control to ensure the decisions making are properly done
Ensure a proper internal audit :
• Conduct a independent and continuous appraisal of activities to ensure that all others controls are operating accordingly to practices as described by Govs
• Propose useful amendments to improve the procedures, supports, and rules related to a priori and a posteriori budgetary controls and of financial and accountancy operations
To make follow up on the implementation of the Auditor General’s recommendations:
• To analyze reports of the Auditor General of State Finances concerning the Ministry;
• To ensure implementation of recommendations of the Auditor General of State Finances directed to the Ministry and provide advice thereupon
• Carryout research relevant to his/her attributions to ensure standardized and effective performance
Key technical skills and knowledge required:
- Detailed knowledge of financial and audit standards, HR and Financial regulations, procedures.
• Financial software
• Planning skills
• Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
• Computer skills.
• High analytical skills.
• Report writting and presentation skills.
• Time management skills
• - Excellent problem solving skills and clear logical sens;
• Collaboration and team working skills;
• Effective communication skills;
• Administrative skills;
• Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.
• A0 in Accounting, Public Finance or Management with specialization in Finance/Accounting.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified