Jobs at:SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
17th December 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
(Job Ref: SOS CV RWANDA 11/2019)
Position: Internal Auditor
Type of contract: Permanent
Working location: Kigali/ National Office
Supervisor: National Director
Responsible to: Board of Directors
Context of the position:
SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda is an independent, non-governmental social development organization. The Organization supports vulnerable children and young people in four locations of Kigali, Gicumbi, Kayonza, and Nyamagabe. SOS Rwanda applies a one program approach in its education, family strengthening, health and community development programs, that support a holistic approach in the interest of the child. In this regard, SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda seeks to recruit an Internal Auditor.
The Internal Auditor will assist management in reviewing, documenting and establishing effective accounting and operational controls over the Organization’s administrative and programmatic activities in the National office and all facilities within SOS CVs Rwanda, and as well as supervising the examination, investigation and review of records, reports, financial statements and management practices to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, donor requirements and Organization’s Standard Operating Procedures .
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
• Following the SOS-Kinderdorf International auditing policy and procedure guidelines and accepted auditing standards, prepares and submits SOS-CVE auditing policies and procedures for the approval of SOS-CVE Management.
• As per the auditing policies and procedures of SOS-CVE, carries out planned auditing activities in the various functions and projects of SOS-CVE to ensure adherence to policies, regulations and procedures in the execution of respective tasks including employment, promotion, transfer, etc. of personnel, concluding of contracts, purchases, accounting practices, etc.
• Ensures development of an effective audit program incorporating best practice and policy ensuing a clear concept and guideline for effective implementation.
• Ensures quality audit report containing observation, impact, and recommendation in time
• Conducts comprehensive investigations based on the organizational requirements, find out genuine facts and prepare quality and timely reports containing observations and recommendations.
• Implements the annual audit plan: collect, analyze and document results of audit investigations as well as communicate observations and recommendations to senior management for appropriate improvements to program, financial and information technology processes.
• Performs follow-up on recommendations to improve/enhance the internal control environment.
• Keeps management informed of emerging trends and successful practices in internal auditing.
• Maintains and file concise, up-to-date records of audit plans, findings, work papers, reports and other supporting documentation for all related reviews performed.
• Assists in the identification and management of financial and legal risks so as to minimize or eliminate those risks within the organization.
• Analytical thinking
• Sound judgment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and training ability
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Proficiency in Excel, Peachtree, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work with various administrative and program levels in the organization.
• Strong organizational and research skills with a thorough understanding of accounting principles, audit standards, procedures and techniques
• Willingness and ability to travel.
Technical Qualifications and personal skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. MBA, a plus.
• CPA or equivalent or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification required.
• At least five years of related work experience with a not-for-profit organization
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Job Experience Requirements: five years
Job application procedure
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position, please send your detailed application (including application letter, CV and copies of education qualification) and an employment application form well filled in. (Available at the National Office).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be submitted not later than 17th December 2019 at the latest by 17h00 to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to Frehiwot.Tadesse@sos-kd.org Late applications will not be accepted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.