Jobs at:Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD)
Deadline of this Job:
09 June 2021
Date Posted: Friday, May 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the job is to originate viable projects in line with the project development objectives and eligibility criteria, appraise them and present them to relevant committees for review, examination and approval for financing.
Main Responsibilities of the Job:
• Pipeline creation through Identification of new projects in line with project objectives and targeted eligible beneficiaries including PFIs through visit, government agencies and other selling avenues to increase absorption of the project funds.
• Provide advice and guidance to potential clients/PFIs on their business proposals to mitigate financing risks and increase the bankability thereof.
• Collect the required project data and information through approaching the client/PFIs and other relevant stakeholders to enable the analysis of projects submitted to the bank timely.
• Issue indicative term sheet to the promoters for their signature detailing indicative terms and conditions of the facility and proceed with appraisal.
• Appraise project proposals from borrowers and prepare the appraisal reports to the relevant Bank organs for their review and approval
• Ensure project underwriting of the respective projects is conducted in accordance with the project implementation manual.
• Prepare notification letters for borrowers whose loan requests have been approved detailing all the necessary conditions precedent to signing facility agreement and disbursement
• Collect data on financed projects to facilitate the social economic impact assessment to be reported to stakeholders (post approval)
• To identify and initiate proposals for new facilities or facility modifications in order to grow a healthy portfolio.
• To undertake the pre-appraisal analysis for credit proposals and carry out onsite visits of projects at pre-appraisal stage to assess the project viability.
• To organize deal forum meetings with credit risk and legal departments to discuss credit proposals and seek their technical inputs.
• To collect the required project data and information to enable the detailed appraisal and to advice, guide potential clients on their business proposals to mitigate risks..
• To undertake detailed appraisal for approved proposals and present them to the banks’ approval authority.
• To collect M&E data while assessing projects that will facilitate the social economic impact assessment to be reported to stakeholders (during appraisal).
o To follow up the fulfillment of conditions precedent and liaise with legal department for loan documentation (term sheet, notification, facility agreement, etc.) drafting and distribute it to the promoters for their signature.
• To ensure at all time adherence to the Bank’s turnaround time standards for processing credit applications, to the Bank the Credit Policy and all other Policies and Procedures, the internal code of conducts, the latest market best practices and all banking laws and regulations applicable.
• To handle client inquiries throughout the loans’ appraisal and approval process (from initiation to the first disbursement).
• To esolve client queries and complaints to maintain quality service delivery standards.
• To carry on any other assignment delegated by the line managers or the Management of the Bank
• Active pipeline of projects to finance
• Number and amount of loans approved
• Number of firms supported by the project
• Social Economic Impact created i.e. jobs created, import substitution, tax generated, reduced carbon footprint etc.
• Private capital mobilized by the project
• All departments
• Donors, Investors
Professional, academic qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance, Business Administration, or related field
• A minimum of 3 (three) years in similar position
• Experience with due diligence and analysis of investment opportunities
• Experience building and/or managing investment portfolio monitoring systems.
• Familiarity with legal documentation common to debt and equity transactions.
• Demonstrated flexibility and success in rapidly changing environments.
• Demonstrated ability to design, launch and scale new projects and initiatives Financial and management reporting skills.
• Interpersonal skills.
• Analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to work with deadlines and schedules and strong follow through capacity.
• Negotiation skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidate should apply online ( https://www.brd.rw/careers/) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (as one document) as well as their emails and telephone.
Only online applications shall be considered.
Email only for inquiries (not application): email@example.com
Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital and Corporate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.