JD for Project Accountant at AEE Rwanda
Jobs at:African Evangelistic Enterprise (AEE RWANDA)
Deadline of this Job:
20 October 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JD for Project Accountant at AEE Rwanda
About African Evangelistic Enterprise (AEE) Rwanda
AEE is a Christian local relief, development, and advocacy organization established in 1987 and dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities to address root causes of poverty and injustice. AEE’s relief and development work is accomplished through programs of health, nutrition, agriculture, education, peacebuilding and reconciliation, emergency response, and youth/women entrepreneurship.
AEE Rwanda has been present in Rwanda since 1987, and currently implements projects in education, nutrition, WASH, agriculture, youth and women entrepreneurship, and peacebuilding and reconciliation. The Organization has over 200 staff and implements its projects through local community-based partners, with strong coordination/collaboration with Government of Rwanda structures.
You will help coordinate and contribute to the implementation of the AEE policies and procedures in compliance with AEE’s established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will efficiently perform accounting services through documenting AEE’s financial transactions by compiling, analyzing, and verifying account information, preparing account entries, and delivering financial reporting services.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
• Set and monitor sound accounting and financial reporting procedures for INECD Project staff following established standards. Ensure setup and maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned project.
• Review and validate supporting documentation before processing of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete and authorizations are in place.
• Record financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review and analyze various accounts to detect irregularities. Advise on corrective actions and prepare correcting entries and adjustments, as necessary.
• Assess, evaluate, and monitor financial management processes in accordance with policy and strengthen the capacity of project staff in financial accounting and transactions.
• Monitor burn rate and alert relevant AEE staff of due payments/liquidations and maintain appropriate communication and follow-up to facilitate timeliness of financial resource management and compliance with set deadlines.
• Prepare various periodic and ad hoc financial reports and perform variance analysis to assist AEE staff with decision-making. Assist with budget maintenance for proper management of financial resources.
• Provide information to AEE staff, and partners on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues and deliver training and other capacity-building activities.
• Keep up-to-date filing of document supporting financial transactions
• Analyze and settle the balance of account payables timely (Taxes, Social contributions, …)
• Analyze and recover the balance of account receivables timely
• Perform assigned treasury AEE (cash payment/receipt, cash forecast, etc.) duties if segregation of duties is ensured.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or another relevant field preferred. Accounting or audit certification preferred.
• Previous experience ensuring compliance on USAID or other large donor contracts.
• Minimum of 5 years work experience, ideally with NGOs, with progressive responsibility in operations and/or programming. At least 3 of these years entailing audit, compliance, or risk management experience.
• Knowledge of data analytics techniques and process performance improvement leading practices
• Knowledge of accounting systems
• Coaching and training abilities.
• Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
Required Languages – English – French – Kinyarwanda
Travel – willing and able to travel up to 20 %.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Good relationship management skills
• Good analytical, organizational, and systems thinking skills
• Ability to make sound judgment
• Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
• Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented
• Knowledge of the relevant public donor regulations preferred.
• Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications. Knowledge of QuickBooks financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Finance and Programming staff
External: Donors and Partners
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please submit the following documents in a single file attachment to the following email email@example.com (please indicate in the subject -application for AEE Driver).
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.