Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
22 August 2021
Date Posted: Friday, August 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
M&E Assistant – Rwanda Schools and Systems Activity
FHI 360 is a global development organization, with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human development. Our team of professionals includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from over 60 offices with more than 4000 employees in the United States and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at all levels and our multi-disciplinary approach allows us to have a lasting impact on the people, communities and countries we serve by improving the lives of millions. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of M&E Assistant for the Schools and Systems (S&S) USAID-funded project in Rwanda
The Rwanda Schools and Systems Activity will strengthen the education system to enable all pre-primary and lower primary school and classroom environments to be of high quality, inclusive, and focused on learning of foundational reading skills. Specifically, the five-year activity will improve learning outcomes by focusing on increasing Kinyarwanda literacy skills of boys and girls through primary 3 (P3) through four intermediate results: (1) Pre-primary education system enhanced to develop, promote and improve emergent literacy, (2) Lower primary reading classroom instruction improved, (3) School environments improved for increased lower primary reading outcomes, and (4) Education systems management strengthened for improved literacy outcomes. The Schools and Systems Activity will include a focus on learning for children with disabilities to ensure project approaches reach all children.
The M&E Assistant is member of the Schools and Systems M&E team and will work in close collaboration with the technical staff on the implementation of the activity’s monitoring and evaluation system.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of the project monitoring and evaluation plan.
• Write reports on activities carried out in the field as part of the project.
• Manage (enter, check accuracy, generate outputs data) the databases (both monitoring and evaluation) used by the project.
• Contribute to the design/adaptation of routine data collection tools and evaluation questionnaires.
• Provide technical assistance to project implementing partners in building capacity in the use of data collection tools, monitoring and evaluation, and analysis.
• Actively contribute to the preparation of formative research, surveys and evaluation studies conducted by the project.
• Receive, enter and analyze data from the sites on a weekly/monthly basis to produce reports and provide feedback to the line manager, sites and partners.
• Make concrete proposals for the implementation of methods to improve the management and quality of project data.
• Collaborate with project staff to process activity reports and mission reports as needed.
• Ensure the archiving and security of data and various project reports.
• Perform any other duties as deemed necessary by his/her supervisor.
• Bachelor Degree in a social science, behavioral science, Economics, statistics, Management Information’s system or other MERL-related field;
• At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
• 1 year of experience in data management and entry is preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Tools, including Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong attention to detail and a self-starter attitude
• Excellent English, French reading, writing and speaking skills, and Kinyarwanda reading and speaking skills
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
We offer competitive compensation and a package of exceptional benefits. Please visit the FHI 360 Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an employer with equal opportunity and affirmative action. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or veteran status in policies, programs, or activities.
The deadline:22nd August 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.