Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
Jobs at:World Vision
Deadline of this Job:
01 April 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
World Vision is a child-focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programmes in 28 Districts of Rwanda. Our interventions are currently reaching more than 1.5 million people. World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly-qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the role of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager. This critical position will be based in Kigali, reporting to the Chief of Party (CoP).
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager has overall responsibility for providing coordination and leadership for monitoring, evaluation and learning of the grant, including both formative (pre-intervention) and summative research (post-intervention). Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager would also be responsible for the evaluation that will sum up the grant’s accomplishments in accurate and objective way. Please note that this position is contingent upon funding and donor approval .
THE MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Monitoring & Evaluation and Reporting
• Develop the overall framework for grant M&E in accordance to the design document and donor requirements
PREPARE M&E PLAN AND BUDGET
• Participate in development of the annual work plan, ensuring alignment with technical strategy
• Identify the requirement for collecting baseline data, prepare terms-of-reference for and arrange the conduct of a baseline survey, as required.
• Clarify and/or facilitate process for monitoring and evaluations of sub-grantees
• Oversee and execute M&E activities with particular focus on results and impacts as well as in lesson learnt; and monitor the follow up on evaluation recommendations
• Guide staff and executing partners in preparing their progress reports in accordance with approved reporting formats and ensure their timely submission. This includes quarterly progress reports, annual project reports, inception reports, and ad-hoc technical reports.
• Prepare consolidation progress reports for grant management including identification of problems, causes of potential bottlenecks in the project implementation, and providing specific recommendations
• Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed
• Identify the need and draw up the ToRs for specific studies; Recruit, guide and supervise consultants or organizations that are contracted to implement special surveys and studies required for evaluating grant effects and impacts
• Sub grantees demonstrate required M&E capacity and produce quality M&E reports
Evaluation recommendations are implemented
Well documented and targeted consultancy outcomes, if consultants are hired to support M&E
• Establish a learning culture within the organization and among implementing partners to document learnings and best practices for ongoing and future programing.
• Ensure timely dissemination and feedback of available data to appropriate users
• Ensure effective scale up and depth in programming based on evidence
• Support CoP, DCoP/Partners to document their successes and best practices into appropriate knowledge assets
• Ensure information sharing, consultation and participation and feedback collection are integral part of the Project
• Ensure all M&E related data, reports, and records are clearly organized archived in a central location for future reference.
• Identify the core information needs of grant management, partners and funding agencies
• Check that monitoring data are discussed in the appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications of future action. If necessary create such discussion forums to fill any gaps.
• Organize (and provide) refresher training in M&E for grants staff, implementing partners, local organizations and primary stakeholders with view of strengthening local M&E capacity
• Design and implement a system to identify, analyze, document and disseminate lessons learned
• Network with external and WV internal partners to promote learning and achieve M&E excellence
• Lessons learnt and best practices documented and disseminated for the project learning and decision making
• People management, capacity building and risk mitigation
• Ensure all M&E staff supervised by this position are guided, mentored and their capacities built in order to deliver high quality products
• Ensure M&E Officers are assisted in strengthening their understanding of M&E concepts & competencies and are equipped with knowledge, tools and resources to support M&E functions at project level
• Ensure partner capacity is built to comply and produce high quality M&E products in-line with WV Rwanda and donor standards & requirements.
• Ensure management of day-to-day M&E tasks are completed with appropriate resources, proper planning and to the highest standard required.
• Support other tasks as required by the CoP
PROJECT RISKS ARE MITIGATED
• A high performance culture and accountability maintained within the team to enhance effectiveness
Job Skills : Not Specified
• Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences, Information Systems, or Development related field
• Familiarity with USAID’s Collaborating, Learning and Adaption (CLA) approach
• Seven (7) years relevant experience, with at least five (5) years USAID grant experience
• Report writing, research, monitoring and evaluation skills
• Experience in People management
• Ability to design and manage assessments, baselines, and evaluations
• Excellent analytical, planning, organizing and management skills
• Must be able to work with multiple deadlines and high demands
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with absolute discretion
• Proven experience in conducting research studies, baseline and impact evaluation surveys, preferably within multi-sector approaches
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken
• Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Masters’degree in Business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences, Information Systems, or Development related field is preferred
• Work experience in an international relief and development organization is preferred
• Experience in managing inter-agency consortiums is preferred
• Proficient project management skills is preferred
• Strong capacity building skills using different methodologies
• Proven competence in Statistical package including but not limited to SPSS, STATA, ODK, etc.
• Knowledge of various technologies that can leverage programming, such as GIS, Mobile solutions in research, etc.
• Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
Work Hours: 8 84 Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org (no applications will be accepted through this email
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.