National Advisor in Public Financial Management
Deadline of this Job:
28th July 2019
Date Posted: Monday, July 15, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Belgian development agency, Enabel, mobilizes its resources and its expertise to eliminate poverty in the world. Enabel contributes to the efforts of the international community and works towards a society that provides present and future generations with sufficient resources to build a sustainable and fair world.
Its staff members in Brussels and overseas embody the commitment of the Belgian State and other development partners to international solidarity.
Enabel in Rwanda is active in the sectors of Health, Energy, Decentralisation inclusive decentralized infrastructure development and Public Finance Management and recently started in the sectors of Agriculture and Urbanization.
In view of the further development of its activities, Enabel is currently looking for a National Advisor in Public Financial Management.
Location: Kigali, Rwanda.
Duration of the contract: 2 years, with possible extension – local contract according to the Rwandan labor law
Expected starting date: Immediately
Salary package: From 2.567.064RWF gross salary depending on the number of years of relevant experience..
• The National Advisor in PFM is responsible for the day-to-day follow-up of the Enabel support to the PFM multi-donor fund.
• The National Advisor will work under the leadership and supervision of the Enabel International Finance (RAFI) / PFM Advisor responsible for overseeing the Enabel Health portfolio and PFM multi-donor fund. In this context, the national advisor will regularly inform the International RAFI/PFM advisor and the Enabel representation of key developments in the PFM reform agenda and provide advice to Enabel on issues related to policy dialogue.
In general, (s)he will:
• Provide timely and quality contributions on PFM reform assignments led the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning and other relevant stakeholders
• Participate and actively contribute to technical discussions in meetings of the PFM Technical Working Group, the OAG Joint Coordination Committee, the RRA Programme Management Committee, and the Fiscal Decentralisation Steering Committee
• Review, analyze and provide comments on assignment deliverables funded by the PFM multi-donor fund or other donor-funded interventions (where relevant)
• Actively contribute to quality assurance and diagnostic reviews of PFM systems such as through the Quality Assurance Group (QAG) reviews, Public Expenditure, and Financial Accountability (PEFA) report, etc.
• Promote effective and quality donor coordination and policy dialogue with the Government of Rwanda
• Regularly inform Enabel of developments in the PFM reform agenda
• Actively support the policy dialogue with the Government of Rwanda and promote regular donor coordination meetings for better information sharing
• Identify bottlenecks and propose solutions for enhanced and effective collaboration between stakeholders supporting the PFM reform agenda
• Provide timely and quality input into planning, monitoring and reporting processes
• Review, analyse and provide input and feedback on annual work plans, progress reports, annual reports as well as audit reports of the PFM multi-donor fund
• Monitor the implementation of the PFM Sector Strategic Plan and the articulation between deliverables of prioritised activities and key result areas identified by Enabel
• Support the Enabel’s operational and financial reporting process
• Contribute to internal progress reports with regard to the implementation of the PFM multi-donor fund and policy dialogue highlights
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Rwandan Nationality;
• Master degree in economics, finance, public administration or related field;
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience working with PFM reforms, including experience working in policy dialogue structures in Rwanda;
• Good knowledge of Rwanda’s PFM reform agenda;
• Ability to handle sensitive issues with discretion in a multicultural environment;
• Excellent knowledge of Rwanda’s institutional set-up and national policies;
• Knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation & change theories;
• Knowledge of project management methodologies
• Good understanding of the General principles of development cooperation (DAC, OECD, SDG’s, ...);
• Proficient in Kinyarwanda and English. Working knowledge of French is an asset;
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested applicants fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria are invited to submit their application documents including detailed Curriculum Vitae, motivation letter, names of three referees as well as their emails and telephone numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 28th of July 2019. Only successful applicants will be contacted.