National Director - Rwanda
Jobs at:World Vision
Deadline of this Job:
30 August 2021
Date Posted: Friday, August 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Location: Kacyiru Sud
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to lead, direct, develop, and manage the implementation of all aspects of World Vision's ministry while realizing the organizational Vision, Mission, and Core values.
• To provide overall strategic and operational leadership for World Vision Rwanda.
• Strategically lead, develop and direct the implementation of all aspects of World Vision Ministry in Rwanda as an effective member of the Partnership in line with Twin Citizenship principles to ensure high Ministry quality and high impact on the field; Be accountable for all of the above.
• Ensure that WV’s ministry is directly contributing to the sustained well-being of children and the fulfillment of their rights within families and communities.
• Represent WV to all donors, project partners, other WV Partnership offices and divisions, local Government, Church representatives and non-governmental organizations serving according to given Power of Attorney.
• Ensure that WV Rwanda has high quality Christian Commitment strategy and operations plan and they are appropriate for country context.
• Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, Ministry and integrity though lifestyle and work relationships, and provide spiritual guidance to staff on the Vision, Mission and WV Core Values.
• Participate and lead regular devotional meetings.
• Ensure high quality and high impact on the field by leading in a way that WV Rwanda programs are achieving expected annual targets on sustainable basis in line with strategic priorities.
• Ensure adequate resources are acquired and managed to meet and enable quality program implementation.
• Ensure the highest standards of quality and accountability through compliance with World Vision policies and standards and international standards for emergency response, disaster mitigation, rehabilitation and development.
• Ensure adequate oversight over project proposals, reports, integrated audits, and ministry evaluations to assure that impact and accountability patterns are met.
• Ensure accountability for the implementation of effective ministry to all key stakeholders. Ensure adequate oversight towards relevant, timely and accurate flow of management and operational reports according to program objectives and standards.
• Ensure that there is documented Country strategy, Ministry strategies and operating plans, and the latter have been derived from overall strategy and have clear and measurable short-term and long-term targets; Ensure that Ministry strategies are aligned with Partnership Strategic priorities and Our Promise.
• Ensure that there are clear strategies for all main functions, and they are based on the office strategy and operational plan and include main priority areas identified in respective Regional and Partnership Strategy. Facilitate and be accountable for strategies execution and monitoring.
• Support Senior Leadership Team to make consistent and progressive steps towards organizational and programmatic consistency and sustainability; effectively communicate work plans and priorities derived from the organizational strategies by partnering with Senior Leadership Team to ensure synchronized accountabilities, objectives and associated budgets.
• Enhance organizational excellence by establishing operational benchmarks, timeframes, targets for accountability, KPIs and resources needed to achieve strategic goals, proactively driving improvements if necessary.
• Enhance sustainable programming supported by stable, long term financing to develop sustainable funding base and to pursue new and innovative funding sources to meet WV Rwanda’s strategic priorities.
• Play a leading role in developing and managing effective partnerships and networks with both existing and new key partners.
• Promote WV’s Vision, Mission, Core Values and key Partnership Standards and Practices among staff and partners and ensure they are the core foundation of the office strategies and work.
• Promote a leadership and management style that enables the integration of operations across Rwanda.
• Ensure that capable staff is available to implement office strategy and operational plans.
• Supervise Senior Leadership Team, all policies, organizational planning and development, ensure clarity around roles, motivate Senior Leadership Team and facilitate effective team dynamics.
• Review and approve Senior Leadership Team succession plans; ensure that proper capacity is in place and succession plan is updated and executed.
• Lead and Manage in a way that facilitates the high-performance culture, open trustworthy relationships and integrity; Promote culture of learning and development, employee engagement and good stewardship of human capital in the office.
• Ensure implementation and compliance to Partnership Performance Management Standards and Principles, while seek to implement Performance Management guidelines on reasonable level; Champion Senior Leadership Team in proper implementation of Performance Evaluations on annual level.
• Support initiatives for staff care and well-being.
• Respect, value and promote gender, age, religious and ethnic diversity.
• Ensure high standards in the management of the human, financial, capital and technical resources of the organization. It also includes inspiring and maintaining high standards of work and clear accountability to stakeholders.
• Visit projects frequently to encourage, build relationships, and support WV programs.
• Represent WV Rwanda, engage and build strategic alliances with the Government Rwanda, Vision Fund boards, major donor agencies, WV Partnership, non-governmental agencies, churches and media.
• Develop and implement appropriate advocacy strategies to raise awareness of- and advocate for change in- key issues within the specific context.
• Lead and facilitate strategies for the promotion of justice that look for the change of unfair structures that oppress those in need; Ensure that WV is positioned as a leading INGO in promoting the well-being and rights of children within the country context to deserve public and stakeholders’ confidence and trust.
• Strengthen awareness of World Vision’s program both within and outside of the WV Partnership.
• Ensure that WV Brand is respected within all operational areas and none of office operations or staff conduct harm it.
• Provide leadership, strategic direction and support to the team for developing and implementing excellent donor experience and acquisition of Ministry funds; Identify new opportunities and forge alliances that lead to optimization of all resources.
• Ensure efficient and effective organizational practices, that would result in successful financial and operational audit scores.
• Oversee action planning and execution to resolve audit findings in an agreed and timely manner; oversee appropriate reporting of audit results and actions.
• Oversee strong financial compliance through timeliness and completeness of financial reports.
• Oversee strong operational compliance through timeliness and completeness of program/project reports.
• Provide direction and focus for integrating private and public funds to maximize results and respond to community needs in most effective and efficient way.
• Manage overall financial integrity of the program to WV Support Offices, Donors, the Government and other stakeholders.
• Provide overall strategic leadership and initiative for identifying and securing financial resources to support the program.
• Develop and maintain capacity to respond to natural and man-made emergencies.
• Oversee regular review of security and safety plans and protocols (security manual, evacuation plan, Disaster Preparedness Plan, and risk assessments at national and AP levels) and ensure understanding and compliance by all staff and visitors.
• Oversee relief efforts, as and when they arise and work in partnership with response teams. Build in-country relief response capacity to ensure adequate disaster management and response.
• Liaise with other international organizations to collect information about the security environment and, where appropriate, discuss joint responses to security threats
• Ensure that the country office comply with local legal requirements and standards.
• Ensure and oversee proper mechanisms for Child Protection and other WVI Standards and Principles implementation.
• Ensure that the entity functions in a complementary, cohesive manner where the principles of interdependence and twin citizenship guide the contribution made to the Partnership and the use of WV Partnership resources.
• Ensure WV Rwanda actively participates in scheduled Peer Reviews. Take ownership for appropriate action planning and execution of Peer Review recommendations with the Advisory Council.
• Ensure business continuity through an integrated risk management approach, including security, financial, operational and reputation risks by developing contingency plans and scenarios; and take ownership of the action plans
• Explore opportunities and facilitate National Resource Development plan;
• Develop and implement an effective National Resource Development strategy and implementation plan that enables to generate funds locally to meet local sustainability strategy.
• Implement long term and short term programs that create new opportunities for acquisition, retention and transformation of diverse set of donors.
• Influence donors using creative approaches to motivate them to get involved in support of WV Rwanda fundraising initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Master’s degree or qualification in a relevant subject with a focus on leadership, team management, Social Science or other relevant skills
• 10+ years proven senior leadership experience; preferably in both for-profit and non-profit sectors
• Experience in managing effective and efficient operations of the organization demonstrating sound financial management (e.g. organizations with over 300 staff and a total budget of $ 29millions)
• Proven track record of leading multi-cultural teams in complex, culturally and politically-sensitive contexts and/or multi-sectoral emergency response projects.
• Is politically astute and shows strong diplomatic skills (especially in dealing with government, donors, staff and internal politics)
• Builds and manages relationships to effectively build trust and influence a wide range of internal and external stakeholders (eg colleagues, donors, board members, global partners).
• Adapts behavior and style to effectively interact with others and creates an environment that supports inclusiveness and diversity
• Works effectively under pressure and with ambiguity and complex change.
• Negotiates with purpose and integrity and effectively handles multiple demands from many stakeholders
• Provides a clear and compelling strategic direction for the organization
• Develops diverse, high-performing teams through effective recruitment, coaching and team-building
• Role models biblical ethics and principles in action
• Responsible steward of resources and assets.
• Language proficiency in English.
License, registration, or certification required to perform this position:
• HEAT (hostile environment awareness training) and SRMT (security risk management training) or a UN equivalent, as appropriate for fragile contexts.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• MBA or an equivalent Master’s degree is preferred
• Experience with large bilateral and multilateral grant acquisition and compliance as well multi-sectorial humanitarian operations.
• Experience and/or a clear understanding of dealing with National Boards/Advisory Councils
• Knowledge of UN humanitarian architecture and donor community
• Understanding of the local cultural and geopolitical fragile context of the National Office.
• Knowledge of local language(s).
• The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
• Frequent travel to the field and other countries.
• Office-based with family.
• On Call: Available at any time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.