National Tax Advisor
Jobs at:The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit(GIZ)
Deadline of this Job:
27 September 2021
Date Posted: Monday, September 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
MIP Project is seeking a highly qualified and motivated National Tax Advisor (NA) to help advance capacity development on major tax reforms and tax analysis and contribute to other activities. The candidate should be a university graduate with strong analytical skills, and a self-motivated person with very high ethical standards who strongly believes in the developmental role of domestic revenue mobilization.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
• Contribute to activities that build capacity in tax policy preparation and monitoring of revenue performance and tax policy implementation
• Help formulate and monitor operational plan and budget for capacity development in tax policy at MIP.
• Support the follow-up and implementation of Medium-Term Revenue Strategy (MTRS) and roadmap of reforms under MTRS.
• Support international tax policy experts under the MIP project in delivering their activities in training, development of tax analytical tools, and advice to MINECOFIN.
• Participate in various research and modeling activities: revenue forecasting, tax expenditure analysis, and tax incidence analysis using macro and micro data.
• Apply computer skills, especially Excel for data analysis and data management, and STATA for micro (taxpayer, household) data analysis.
• Assist in preparing analytical and monitoring reports.
• Reporting and Outputs
• The NA is GIZ staff, supervised by and reporting to the MIP Project Leader.
• The NA will work both at MIP and MINECOFIN and will be supervised for day-to-day operations at MINECOFIN by the Office of Chief Economist.
Qualifications and professional experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, and a proven solid understanding of tax policy/administration, tax incentives, and the related legal framework;
• Ability to articulate taxation concepts clearly in oral and written forms; and to document technical work;
• Ability to analyze macro and micro tax- and taxpayer data; and fluency in Excel and STATA;
• Proficiency in English and strong English writing skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage with various stakeholders;
• At least  year of relevant work experience; experience in an analytical role in taxation in Rwanda is an asset.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates, and references) until 27th September 2021, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.