Jobs at:Ampersand Rwanda Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
28 August 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, August 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Do you want to do work that is impactful? Do you want to help improve the lives of some of the most hardworking people in Africa, while also reducing carbon emissions? Do you want to use your skills to advance Africa towards a zero-carbon future, not just to make a living? Ampersand is your answer.
Headquartered in Kigali in Rwanda, Ampersand is achieving the world’s first true mass-market shift to electric vehicles, a vital tipping point in the fight against climate change, through providing electric motorcycles to moto taxis drivers in East Africa. Our electric motorcycles offer savings that can double a driver’s income, in addition to reducing carbon emissions by more than 75%. Converting just one petrol motorbike to electric is the equivalent of the carbon captured by 128 trees.
We have successfully piloted an electric motorcycle and battery swap network in Kigali, with motorcycles in daily operation for two years and nearly 2 million km travelled. We have successfully raised $4M in venture capital. We are and are ready to further develop and scale up our tech and scale our operations. This is where you come in. The team has grown from a tiny, bootstrapped R&D garage project into East Africa's leading electric vehicle operation, with a team of 59 staff drawn from diverse backgrounds. We are rapidly scaling our operations, and we are looking for innovative professionals who are passionate about clean energy and environmental impact to lead and contribute to our rapid growth.
About the role
Ampersand is seeking an office assistant with experience in mostly procurement and logistics, who is also able to communicate and report. This role of office assistant will support the administration, workshop and operation teams to procure everything that they will need. The same role will support as well in logistics and transport mostly to pick up the incoming and submitting the outgoing to the appropriate addresses.
The Administrative Support Associate will hold the following responsibilities:
1. Understand the procurement process
2. A good experience in logistics and transport
3. A good experience in a market research and work together with different suppliers
4. A good communication and reporting skills
5. Able to conduct an approval process from different line managers
6. Able to identify the quality of any goods according to the demand
7. Able to understand the invoicing and payment process
8. Pick and submit the customs document to the clearance agency
9. Pick the small packages from logistic companies including from customs
10. Support in office arrangement
We are looking for a person with 2+ years’ experience in procurement and logistics. Candidates who possess the following are encouraged to apply
• More than 5 years of relevant work experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication
• Ability to complete multi tasks
• A solid understanding of the procurement and payment process
• Near native English-speaking abilities, with strong written and verbal communication
• Self-motivated and quick learner
• Having a valid driving license category, A and B
• Worked for a factory, an industry or a medium or big workshop
• A solid understanding of the value of money and time planning
A competitive compensation package that commensurate with experience including health insurance.
This role will be based in Kigali, Rwanda
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates can send their application letter and CV with 3 professional references by the link: https://ampersandelectricmobility.teamtailor.com/jobs/1254802-office-assistant
The deadline:28th August 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.