Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
FHI 360 is an international nonprofit working to improve the health and well-being of people in the United States and around the world.
FHI 360 is a global development organization, with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human development. Our team of professionals includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment, and research. FHI 360 operates from over 60 offices with more than 4000 employees in the United States and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at all levels and our multi-disciplinary approach allows us to have a lasting impact on the people, communities, and countries we serve by improving the lives of millions. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Operations Assistant for the Schools and Systems (S&S) USAID-funded project in Rwanda.
The Rwanda Schools and Systems Activity will strengthen the education system to enable all pre-primary and lower primary school and classroom environments to be of high quality, inclusive, and focused on learning of foundational reading skills. Specifically, five-year activity will improve learning outcomes by focusing on increasing Kinyarwanda literacy skills of boys and girls through primary 3 (P3) through four intermediate results: (1) Pre-primary education system enhanced to develop, promote and improve emergent literacy, (2) Lower primary reading classroom instruction improved, (3) School environments improved for increased lower primary reading outcomes, and (4) Education systems management strengthened for improve literacy outcomes. The Schools and Systems Activity will include a focus on learning for children with disabilities to ensure project approaches reach all children.
The Operations Assistant supports office administration, procurement, HR, finance, and logistical operations of FHI360 Schools and Systems project in Rwanda. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Operations Assistant performs a variety of administrative and operation support functions. The position requires solid knowledge of administrative, logistical, and operational systems, policies, and procedures that support effective project management. Duties performed may include preparing documents and reports, clerical work, compiling records, organizing and filing documents, keeping inventory of assets, publishing information, distributing mail, and photocopying..
Duties and Responsibilities
• Execute front office /reception management tasks including guiding and welcoming visitors, answering calls, responding to enquiries, taking/relaying messages, etc.
• Ensure that office supplies are ordered, and stocks updated in a timely manner in liaison with the Operations Manager.
• Ensure that the office runs smoothly, observing timely opening for staff and safe closure at the end of the workday.
• Assist the Human Resources (HR) Manager in the provision of general HR services to project staff.
• Assist in the recruitment of local consultants.
• Assist in the drafting of contracts/contract amendments for employees and project consultants
• Support the administrative process concerning the payment of local consultants according to the contractual terms and conditions.
• Assist in the preparation of payroll and legal benefits according to employment contracts and personnel attendance records, respecting high standards of confidentiality.
• Provide administrative assistance in the records of work time, vacations, holidays, and leave of local employees, according to policies and procedures of FHI360-Rwanda.
• Assist the Procurement Manager in the execution of processes of procurement of goods and services to support project implementation
• Support procurement processes for instance by preparing documentation relevant to purchasing & acquisitions processes below or equal to USD $ 500.
• Assist in the registration of vendor invoices and the processing of related payments
• Deliver, collect, and follow up on proforma requests and offers from different suppliers, according to established procurement procedures.
• Assist in the management of inventory of projects assets and office supplies
• Provide administrative assistance to the accounting and financial management of FHI360-Rwanda project office.
• Assist in the preparation of travel advances for employees and national consultants and in the settlement travel expenses and claims for reimbursement of expenses, according to the policies and procedures of the project office.
• Participate in the payment of expenses to participants in training events and scheduled field activities.
• Execute other activities that are required and authorized for the proper performance of their duties.
• Make certain that all administrative systems and processes (including facilities management, fleet management, procurement, travel administration, inventory/assets management) are highly reliable, finely tuned, and well delivered and in compliance with funder and organizational policies and procedures.
• Set up and maintain files, prepare reports, presentation and graphic, provide project staff with office supplies, perform data entry, proofreads, and compile special reports as may be required.
• Provide meeting support as needed (e. g. Scheduling conference rooms, visa process for visitors, coordinating food, logistics. Etc..).
• Réceptionner et faire la distribution opportune du courrier entrant et sortant
• Provide meeting support as needed (e.g., conference room set-up, coordination, logistical support).
• Be able to manage special projects including those involving research and data analysis.
• Performs other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
• Maintaining the petty cash and doing reconciliations on a weekly basis
• Support the Finance Officer in the review of financial documents
• Support the audit process and assist the finance and HR Team as needed
• Prepare and maintain documentation, plans, reports, schedules, databases, spread sheets, logs etc. to support functions.
• Schedule and organize activities such as meetings, travel, conferences, and activities for project staff.
• Use established filing and data systems and file all project files as needed.
• Review data and information for completeness and accuracy using standard guidelines.
• Gather readily available information from office records to drafts e-mails, memos, and other documents as may require.
• Perform other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and related Field.
• Relevant experience in procurement, office management, and operations.
• At least 2 years’ experience in provision of administrative support to implementation of large-scale donor-funded projects
• Experience working with international organizations and USAID-funded project and government entities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, communication skills, ability to identify and resolve operational constraints
• Demonstrated intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team.
• Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and to take initiative.
• Experience of handling diverse range of complex situation.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and a package of exceptional benefits. Please visit the FHI 360 Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an employer with equal opportunity and affirmative action. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or veteran status in policies, programs, or activities.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.